Compare: HT5, Studio, Club, Soloist & Stage

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
RoelSmoel

Sun May 23, 2010 11:51 am

I'm looking for a versatile tube amplifier, and the 6505+ goes only metal en hardrock..

What I think, a Blackstar that goes louder then my HT5 is the best choice, HT20, HT40 or HT60, I find this ISF very good, it goes from UK to US and between + it has tons of gain when I need that..

Guitar Goober

Sun May 23, 2010 12:15 pm

RoelSmoel wrote:I'm looking for a versatile tube amplifier, and the 6505+ goes only metal en hardrock..

What I think, a Blackstar that goes louder then my HT5 is the best choice, HT20, HT40 or HT60, I find this ISF very good, it goes from UK to US and between + it has tons of gain when I need that..
That is exactly the reason I went for for my HT Club 40 - love the HT-5 head and wanted something similar but more able to cope with live situations. Was considering a Marshall DSL50 head and 2x12 cab as well, and have heard great things about the Peavey Valve King series, but the versatility and portability of the Blackstar made it the better choice for me.

RoelSmoel

Mon May 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Now..

I think when I like the HT20 combo, and I have enough money, I order the HT40 or the HT60 (Soloist or Stage), but, somebody that uses is at home? Sounds it good at low volume? (low as in: I use my HT5 with 1x10" cab on half the volume, and that sounds great)

gt_jumper

Fri May 28, 2010 2:59 am

RoelSmoel wrote:Now..

I think when I like the HT20 combo, and I have enough money, I order the HT40 or the HT60 (Soloist or Stage), but, somebody that uses is at home? Sounds it good at low volume? (low as in: I use my HT5 with 1x10" cab on half the volume, and that sounds great)
Nah man, the HT-20 needs to be quite loud to get that great crunch, like drummer loud.

$themain#

Sat May 29, 2010 9:24 am

Just a suggestion....get a nice used amp (tube) for your gigs...for now at least and see how your career as a
performer goes. It sounds like you're fairly new to playing out live and trere are a lot of variables and for
anyone to tell you to "get this amp or that setup" is assuming a lot at this point. Take it easy partner...
go try several different rigs that are loud enough to do the job according to where you'll be playing and
ask questions of the salespeople when your shopping around. Enjoy and learn as you go and PLAY that
guitar!!!! My point is that there are a lot of ways you can go and you just have to go out there and see what you can find before you sink a lot of cash onto a brand new stage rig right away. You can do a lot with a mic and powered speakers and if you keep playing live venues and want to get a bigger guitar amp and cabinet at som point then BY ALL MEANS do so.....just make sure you can justify it...Best of Luck and by the way..ALL of the
Blackstar Amps can do the smooth bluesey overdrive thing in my experience and they make some superb pedals to help in that effort....I wish you
all of the best my friend.

doowy

Sat May 29, 2010 12:08 pm

Hey guys and girls ,ive owned the ht 5 for a while and i just picked up the ht club 40 today. This is the best amp i have ever played.It works great at low volumes in your house at home, as it has a master volume. But better cranked of course. I mostly play at home but occasionally jam with mates.
I went and tried the range and the club 40 is the happy medium for home or gig. I prefer the club 40 over the ht5 at low volume which sounds crazy but its extreemly versatile.The only downfall i can see is the nobs seem cheap unlike the ht5. One other thing its big.In the youtube clips it looks small
but it isnt.
I would suggest you see and try all these amps before you buy ,It is a tough decision ...Cheers.

Blackstar for life..............

gt_jumper

Sun May 30, 2010 1:58 am

doowy wrote:Hey guys and girls ,ive owned the ht 5 for a while and i just picked up the ht club 40 today. This is the best amp i have ever played.It works great at low volumes in your house at home, as it has a master volume. But better cranked of course. I mostly play at home but occasionally jam with mates.
I went and tried the range and the club 40 is the happy medium for home or gig. I prefer the club 40 over the ht5 at low volume which sounds crazy but its extreemly versatile.The only downfall i can see is the nobs seem cheap unlike the ht5. One other thing its big.In the youtube clips it looks small
but it isnt.
I would suggest you see and try all these amps before you buy ,It is a tough decision ...Cheers.

Blackstar for life..............
Hey Doowy, Glad you liked the HT-40, im starting to think i should have gotten it instead of the 20 :P I like the newer nobs coz in a band situation you can glance at the knobs and see what setting you're on, The HT-5 was mainly for lads at home playing buy themselves so this wasnt an issue, IMHO of course!

doowy

Sun May 30, 2010 8:16 am

Thats a good point ,the chrome ones are hard to see at times. I was thinking about changing them,but im not too concerned .Cheers.....

RoelSmoel

Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:47 pm

Now, more then a month later..

I reservated the HT20 + Orange PPC112 a few days ago, and now this week, I own a new Blackstar HT-Venue Image Image Image Image

DrKarnivore

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:43 pm

Hey,

I own the Stage. Goddamn is it loud. It was head to head with a MkV today too. The master only needed to go on about 9 o clock, to be loud enough.

I managed to coax a very convincing JCM800 crunch from it today at band practice. I`ve owned a couple of 50watt JCM`s and this sounded damn close.

• Information