Got my Stage 60 today!

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
mojocoops

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:37 pm

Thanks! What model are the Celestions that come with the amp?

jshaffer23

Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:49 am

mojocoops wrote:Thanks! What model are the Celestions that come with the amp?
Seventy 80's

matt86ie

Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:55 pm

jshaffer23 wrote:
Barreldog wrote:I have my stage 60 about 3 weeks now & my impressions are pretty much the same as yours. The clean channel is one of the best of any amp I've owned. The two OD channels are good but I can't get exactly what I want out of them. I thought it was probably the speakers. I never changed speakers before so I've been trying to find out what to get.
Could you tell me what type of music you play & what was the difference you hear between the stock & k100's.
Also with the pre amp tubes, This amp has 2 ecc83 & 1 ecc82 from what I've read. Are just the 2 ecc83's changed or all three?
Are the 12ax7's a direct replacement ?
Thanks for any help that you can offer. I really like this amp & know it has a lot of potential & can sound much better.
I play in a Christian rock group. We play stuff ranging from pretty heavy D tuned stuff with alot of tight palm mutes and riffs to clean bluesy type stuff. The stock speaker (to my ears) had harsh sounding midrange and was pretty weak in the bass. The K-100's dont have as much high end but the bass is massive and the mid range is a bit smoother but they still have some major attitude. I was told that the K-100's would be too dark with this amp but its not going to be a problem. I also have an EQ in the loop but I havent got it set for this amp yet, its still tweaked for my other rig. I just replaced the two ECC83's, and yes, the 12AX7's are a direct replacement :D
Hi i have my blackstar ht60 over 2 months now and yes it took some time to get used to it, the clean sound is excellent and the od sound at the start drove me bannanas on stage, but over the last two weeks i think i have it sorted, what i do is turn the gain up to nearly full and volume down to 0 and bring it up yo my desired level and wow ! i`m getting excellent od, also i plug into the emulated speaker output on the back and then to a channell on my desk which drives the sound out front without upsetting the other musicians on stage, after using this method i see that it cuts the sound of the amp on stage down , but really gives crystal clear fab sound out front, has anyone else tried this

jshaffer23

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:30 pm

matt86ie wrote:
jshaffer23 wrote:
Barreldog wrote:I have my stage 60 about 3 weeks now & my impressions are pretty much the same as yours. The clean channel is one of the best of any amp I've owned. The two OD channels are good but I can't get exactly what I want out of them. I thought it was probably the speakers. I never changed speakers before so I've been trying to find out what to get.
Could you tell me what type of music you play & what was the difference you hear between the stock & k100's.
Also with the pre amp tubes, This amp has 2 ecc83 & 1 ecc82 from what I've read. Are just the 2 ecc83's changed or all three?
Are the 12ax7's a direct replacement ?
Thanks for any help that you can offer. I really like this amp & know it has a lot of potential & can sound much better.
I play in a Christian rock group. We play stuff ranging from pretty heavy D tuned stuff with alot of tight palm mutes and riffs to clean bluesy type stuff. The stock speaker (to my ears) had harsh sounding midrange and was pretty weak in the bass. The K-100's dont have as much high end but the bass is massive and the mid range is a bit smoother but they still have some major attitude. I was told that the K-100's would be too dark with this amp but its not going to be a problem. I also have an EQ in the loop but I havent got it set for this amp yet, its still tweaked for my other rig. I just replaced the two ECC83's, and yes, the 12AX7's are a direct replacement :D
Hi i have my blackstar ht60 over 2 months now and yes it took some time to get used to it, the clean sound is excellent and the od sound at the start drove me bannanas on stage, but over the last two weeks i think i have it sorted, what i do is turn the gain up to nearly full and volume down to 0 and bring it up yo my desired level and wow ! i`m getting excellent od, also i plug into the emulated speaker output on the back and then to a channell on my desk which drives the sound out front without upsetting the other musicians on stage, after using this method i see that it cuts the sound of the amp on stage down , but really gives crystal clear fab sound out front, has anyone else tried this

You seriously run your gain all the way up?!?! I am running mine at 12 o clock on both channels and it is PERFECT. And I play some pretty heavy stuff too. Where are you running your master volume? I found that it sounds the best if you turn the master up really high and then adjust your overall volume with the channle volumes.

DrKarnivore

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:12 am

I have the master up pretty high too (gigs\rehersals).

I can dang near get some nice lowish gain JCM crunch from OD1. Really nice. I jump on an OD set to high volume\low gain for more modern crunch on the same channel. OD2 only gets used on a couple of songs, so I probably havn`t experimented enough with that one.

matt86ie

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:30 pm

DrKarnivore wrote:I have the master up pretty high too (gigs\rehersals).

I can dang near get some nice lowish gain JCM crunch from OD1. Really nice. I jump on an OD set to high volume\low gain for more modern crunch on the same channel. OD2 only gets used on a couple of songs, so I probably havn`t experimented enough with that one.

the master volume is about 9 / 10 o clock, everyone has a different way to getting the sound they want, I play a lot of status quo material
and you know since i got this setting i was afraid to mess anyome with it, i`ll put up my exact settings on here within a few days,
at the start this amp drove me crazy on stage, there is nothing worse turning and fiddling with knobs during a gig, but now i`m quite happy
and every venue i have played in within the last 4 weeks i have never had to change anything, i do also find the emulated speaker a big plus
especially when my drummer allows me to set it up right next to him, and also tells me it`s the best amp i ever bought, and yes i am very very happy with it , but still open to sudgestions on different settings,

elrond06

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Maybe you could give the seventy 80' a chance, burning them in a few. Many speakers sound best after some hours of playing at loud level. As you compare these stok speakers with your K'100 from your ancient rig, I understand that the K'100 were used, not new speakers... You could try to use the seventy 80's with another amp for a while and then try them again on the Stage 60. I played these speakers in a Hughes&Kettner Tube 50 combo (1x12), and they sounded great.

jshaffer23

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:28 am

elrond06 wrote:Maybe you could give the seventy 80' a chance, burning them in a few. Many speakers sound best after some hours of playing at loud level. As you compare these stok speakers with your K'100 from your ancient rig, I understand that the K'100 were used, not new speakers... You could try to use the seventy 80's with another amp for a while and then try them again on the Stage 60. I played these speakers in a Hughes&Kettner Tube 50 combo (1x12), and they sounded great.
I am sure the 70/80's would be fine after getting broken in but I could still tell from the start that they didnt have the lowend thump that I was looking for. If you could play my rig with the K-100's you would know what I am talking about. They have that massive lowend that I am addicted to! :D For classic rock type stuff the 70/80's MIGHT be a better but I have yet to find anything the K-100's cant do. They are really great speakers!

elrond06

Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:31 pm

I agree with you. The fact is that some people want to change the stock speakers before having tried them. The 70/80's are not top of the range, but they play in the same range than the G12T-75, V30 and other medium range speakers from celestion. They are not low price range as rocket 50 or cheap "celestion designed" speakers some brands use to put in their low price production (such as marshall/celestion or eminence/epiphone etc...).
But I agree that the 70/80's are probably high/medium speakers, best suited for classic rock and brittish sound.

• Information