Got a new HT-60 Stage!

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
Schniz

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:27 am

got it this week and..
MAN! I LOVE IT!!

pretty loud.. I need to get an attenuator

Clean is awesome, OD1 sounds to me like a slightly boosted JCM800, OD2 sounds to me like a JCM2000.

one word: awesome

Edit:
I'm thinking of getting a case for it.. with a place for the footswitch. or maybe just a thing that will have some wheels so I can drag it instead of lifting it :shock:

KKND

Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:09 pm

Hello, Welcome, Enjoy and congrats :D

The Stage 60 can be fitted with casters you know, don't know the size though but it has provisions for them....all the best and enjoy your amp

Barreldog

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:27 am

I have my HT-60 about 6 months now & the things you mention are the things I first noticed about it too.
When I first turned it on I couldn't believe how good the clean channel sounded, no matter what guitar I plugged in it sounded great.
I got a JCM 800 style rhythm sound on OD1 pretty quick too. OD2 has a ton of gain & it took me a couple of days to get it where I wanted.
& yes it's really loud. I have a JCM800 right next to it & I think the HT60 sounds louder.
I don't know about a case, but there is a thread on here about casters that will fit & where they can be ordered from.
Enjoy your new amp!

Schniz

Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:47 am

Barreldog wrote:I have my HT-60 about 6 months now & the things you mention are the things I first noticed about it too.
When I first turned it on I couldn't believe how good the clean channel sounded, no matter what guitar I plugged in it sounded great.
I got a JCM 800 style rhythm sound on OD1 pretty quick too. OD2 has a ton of gain & it took me a couple of days to get it where I wanted.
& yes it's really loud. I have a JCM800 right next to it & I think the HT60 sounds louder.
I don't know about a case, but there is a thread on here about casters that will fit & where they can be ordered from.
Enjoy your new amp!
nah, I won't fit any casters cause I'm buying an extra 212 cab. the speakers aren't that good and I can't replace them cause it will hurt my warranty..

KKND

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:01 am

I agree about the speakers, mine are just too harsh. Anyways, if you approach the dealer and ask them to perform the speaker swap, technically, you didn't perform any mods your self, it was done by a competent, authorized tech and that legally shouldn't void your warranty 8)

DrKarnivore

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:25 pm

I actually changed the speakers in mine to v30`s (one of them was real old and broken in) and it didn`t change enough to warrent the change! At least thats what I thought. I also tried it through a matamp cab with K100`s in and it still sounded very similar..........very strange.

bdubbs

Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:59 pm

I've had this for a month or so now and I'm still learning it. I need to play with the voice buttons. I've been using the voice buttons in their out position so far and really like the amp.

Its great through my 1960a cab.

• Information