HT Stage 60 channel switching with Boss ES5

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
greyshis

Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:38 am

Hi there,

Has anyone had much success with programming a Boss ES5 to handle the channel switching on an HT Stage series amp? I have an HT Stage 60 212 with the four button channel switcher that connects using the 9 pin VGA-style connector. I've connected to the ES5 using a Champion HT Interface (https://www.championpedals.com/htampinterface.html) which connects to the ES5's control outs with TRS connectors. The trouble I'm having is that I can't seem to get the programming of the switching working correctly. I have the control 1/2 working to switch between clean and OD1 but as soon as I plug the control 2 TRS in, the switching goes a bit haywire.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Tonefinder

Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:45 pm

A couple of years late, but I have a similar situation with slight differences.

My amp is an HT Club 50 mkII, and I'm using it with the boss ES8. The jacks on both devices are TRS; I am using the ES8 to control the amp's channel and voice switching.

The channel switching side is- luckily- reliable. But when the ES8 also sends VOICE switching commands to the Blackstar... let's just say that your "haywire" comment is apropos.

I initially went down the ES8 rabbit hole, starting up a thread on the ES8 Users Facebook page. Someone suggested that, to rule out a fried CTL 1/2 relay on the ES8, I should try using its CTL 3/4 jack instead. I did, and- same problem. It was at this point I came here, now suspecting the amp as the culprit.

Conclusion:
From the ES8's CTL 1/2, there exist a few different amp channel/voice configuration possibilites, the values for which are sent to the amp simultaneously. However, someone using Blackstar's 2-button footswitch would likely achieve these configurations with a SERIES of individual foot presses. In other words, it seems Blackstar's implementation is unable to handle the commands being sent by a switcher.

I would love to receive more information, and be wrong about this.

Ariel19

Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:55 am

My advice is to carefully review the wiring Pokerogue and ensure that the TRS connectors are properly configured according to HT Stage 60’s switching requirements. Additionally, double-check the ES5’s settings for channel switching and confirm that they match the specifications of the HT Stage 60. Sometimes, ensuring that the correct control messages are sent and received can resolve these issues.

• Information