Help with HT100

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
jon.bevis

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:46 pm

Wonder if anyone can help with a question?

I was rushing to a gig on saturday night and in my haste I lifted my HT100 off the cab with the speaker cable still conected! I'm a plonker I know!

The result unfortunately is that i have the tip of a 1/4 jack stuck in my 16ohm output socket.

Obviously I'm gonna have to get this fixed but wondering if its safe to carry on using the amp running at 8 or 4 ohm with the appropriate socket on HTV4x12 untill next revalve so as to save on bloody expensive labour cost etc.... Or is this like having some sort of dummy load connected? Is it going to start blowing valves etc?

Any advice would be most appriciated

Jon

redknuckles

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:06 am

Im quite sure the jack tip is what complets the circuit to to the speakers. So in other words your amp think it has a load And I would not use any of the other taps untill you get it out of there. Pcb mounted jacks are a pain in the ass

GroovyTubes

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:08 am

redknuckles wrote:Im quite sure the jack tip is what complets the circuit to to the speakers. So in other words your amp think it has a load And I would not use any of the other taps untill you get it out of there. Pcb mounted jacks are a pain in the ass
yup, that pretty much sums it up. I wouldn't even fire it up...i mean you could on standby but I wouldn't even do that :P

majikmojo

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:26 pm

agreed...the circuit is tapped if the plug is all the way in...

jon.bevis

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:05 pm

hmmmm..... now I need to figure out away to get it out. Think its gonna cost a fortune to have the socket replaced.

Cheers guys!

• Information