Blackstar Ht STAGE 60

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
Barreldog

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:35 pm

GT - Sorry about the G.A.S. , I know the feeling. That's how I ended up buying this after seeing all the videos.
Drk - I just really started playing with this today but I'm getting quite a few real good sounds out of it already. I'd be very happy to post more settings. I'm already working on getting that JCM800 sound. Within the next few days I hope to record a few sound clips. I will post them with settings in a new thread.

matt86ie

Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:34 am

gt_jumper wrote:Barreldog, You're not helping my G.A.S at all :)
hi again today i`m bringing my ht 60 to a top class musician, he claims i`m using the amp wrong on stage, he is going to really put this baby to the test
and i will let ye know the results, he also said the valves that are in the amp to leave them alone as they are very good and as for changing pickups on my tele , leave all alone until we put the test on the amp first, the settings just given there i tried them out and yes very good very close, from seeing all videos and reviews on the ht 60 , this is what made me go out and purchase it, we all can`t be wrong, the amp is top class , but yes it do need to go through a setup at home first, but another thing that really bugs me, you get your settings at home and your very happy how it sounds, then bring it on stage and it could sound totally different when you put the mic in front of it, yes it is also a great idea to post up settings and a description of the material suited to a setting, e.g country / rock / heavy / rhythm / lead / 60s - 70s rock`n`roll, and once this is done and someone tries out a setting, maybe a small tweaking if any at all, they will get the sound they desire, am i making sense lads

matt86ie

Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:38 am

check out the ISF Control, can you notice a difference on sound going from usa to uk ?

gt_jumper

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:38 am

matt86ie wrote:

check out the ISF Control, can you notice a difference on sound going from usa to uk ?
ME, i dont have the 60 but the HT- gear i have owned its definitely a cery usable feature.

WhoAreYou

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:32 am

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. I currently own a Marshall Vintage Modern 50W combo and I'm thinking of p/x for a Stage 60. My local dealer hasn't had any in so I have only been able to demo the 20w head and the 40w combo. Both sounded a bit muddy, but after reading these posts it sounds like you need time with these things (like all amps).

The Marshall is a single channel master volume and I'm really struggling with it. It's superb for classic/hard rock but just doesn't clean up well enough at high volumes. I know the amp is designed to be used in the traditional way with your guitar volume knob, but I'm no Jeff Beck!

The Stage60 looks like a great gigging amp that can cover a lot of ground sound-wise. Also - I hope I'm not breaking forums rules - does anyone know if there are any good deals out there for the stage60. £699 seems to be the general price.

W

DrKarnivore

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:41 am

What country are you in mate?

I know Thomann in Germany are selling the HT60 for around £630, plus they do free shipping to the UK. Obviously try first. I also saw they had a B stock HT40 going for a steal, might still be there.

The HT`s you tried might have sounded muddy because you had them at very low volume. Most amps sound muddy at low volume because they aren`t pushing the power tubes OR the speaker. Also, that could be related to the guitar you tried them with.

WhoAreYou

Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:11 am

I'm in the UK. I tried the HT40 with an Epiphone LP UltraII.

I had a Vox AC30CC2 before the Marshall. I've been happy with both at relatively low volumes and getting a decent sound, i.e. I haven't had the need to crank either in the house. When transporting them to gigs/rehearsals I've had very little to do except up the mids and roll back the treble and bass a bit to keep the feel. I don't want an amp that behaves VERY differently between low(ish) and high(ish) volumes.

I need to revisit the HT60 with my guitar and pedalboard I think.

matt86ie

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:12 pm

DrKarnivore wrote:What country are you in mate?

I know Thomann in Germany are selling the HT60 for around £630, plus they do free shipping to the UK. Obviously try first. I also saw they had a B stock HT40 going for a steal, might still be there.

The HT`s you tried might have sounded muddy because you had them at very low volume. Most amps sound muddy at low volume because they aren`t pushing the power tubes OR the speaker. Also, that could be related to the guitar you tried them with.

hi there i`m from ireland and yes i know thomann as i do buy a lot of bits and pieces from them i did not buy the ht 60 from them due to anything going wrong i can bring it back to the shop where i bought it as it`s only 15 mins drive from me, your correct on what your saying about the amp, i said last night i was taking it to a top class musician that knows how to get a top sound and he said the very exact same thing as you on under driving them
anyway he put it through a variety of tests and said it`s a brilliant amp and get any sound you want from it once you know how it operates
the guitar used was a fender usa tele year 2000 which is what i mostly use on stage and he was getting sounds i never knew was there
well i did but could not find them, he also said be very carefull when putting a mic (sm57) in front of it and setting the channel on the mixer as what you hear coming from the amp could be totally different front of house, especially with the overdrive, he said that it could sound right to you on stage but colud sound like rashers sizzling F O H, so overall he said great amp only to make it work for you not the other way around, i paid 780 euro for mine and now i dont think i will be selling it, i have heard many a musician say fender guitar - fender amp, but he really got this baby singing today, as for the ear piercing sound i was on about on the first string, we just dropped the pickups a little away from the first 2 / 3 strings and problem solved,

matt86ie

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:18 pm

h

DrKarnivore

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:50 pm

matt86ie wrote:
DrKarnivore wrote:What country are you in mate?

hi there i`m from ireland and yes i know thomann as i do buy a lot of bits and pieces from them i did not buy the ht 60 from them due to anything going wrong i can bring it back to the shop where i bought it as it`s only 15 mins drive from me, your correct on what your saying about the amp, i said last night i was taking it to a top class musician that knows how to get a top sound and he said the very exact same thing as you on under driving them
anyway he put it through a variety of tests and said it`s a brilliant amp and get any sound you want from it once you know how it operates
the guitar used was a fender usa tele year 2000 which is what i mostly use on stage and he was getting sounds i never knew was there
well i did but could not find them, he also said be very carefull when putting a mic (sm57) in front of it and setting the channel on the mixer as what you hear coming from the amp could be totally different front of house, especially with the overdrive, he said that it could sound right to you on stage but colud sound like rashers sizzling F O H, so overall he said great amp only to make it work for you not the other way around, i paid 780 euro for mine and now i dont think i will be selling it, i have heard many a musician say fender guitar - fender amp, but he really got this baby singing today, as for the ear piercing sound i was on about on the first string, we just dropped the pickups a little away from the first 2 / 3 strings and problem solved,
Good news matt. I`ve been playing a bit today and I think this amp sounds great with single coils, often quite transparent and glassy, which is great. You must have some big gigs lined up if you need mic yours into the PA!

• Information