About the Venue Series...

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
guitarlord28

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:18 am

I was checking out the EQ panel on the Stage 60, I and I saw a button labeled 'voice'. What does that do exactly?

gt_jumper

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:58 am

guitarlord28 wrote:I was checking out the EQ panel on the Stage 60, I and I saw a button labeled 'voice'. What does that do exactly?
from the manual! l
V

In the out position the Clean Channel has a ‘boutique’ voicing, more focussed to
middle and top end, with the power amplifier damping configured like many
traditional Class A type amplifiers. This mode can produce pleasing levels of crunchy
overdrive at higher settings of the Clean Volume control. With the switch in the in
position the Clean Channel has a more ‘modern’ voicing, with a greater bass
response and tighter sound from increased Class AB style power amplifier damping.
The gain structure is also altered to keep the sound clean at higher settings of the
Clean Volume control.
makes the clean channel more bassy with more volume before it would break up if in modern, most popular modern amps are class A/b which is why they would have named the voicings "modern" and "boutique" which would be a thinner sound with more emphasis on the highs.

guitarlord28

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:34 am

Ah, so it adds different tones to the sound. Jeez, with the ISF feature and the modern/boutique switch, this amp can cover a lotta territory!

What does the Resonance do?

And, from my styles, which (soloist, stage, club) do you think would fit me the best. Although, I still need to try them...:roll:

gt_jumper

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:19 am

guitarlord28 wrote:Ah, so it adds different tones to the sound. Jeez, with the ISF feature and the modern/boutique switch, this amp can cover a lotta territory!

What does the Resonance do?

And, from my styles, which (soloist, stage, club) do you think would fit me the best. Although, I still need to try them...:roll:
It would take care of the bass frequencies the same way the presence would adjust the higher frequencies i think. But thats going off my peavey but i would imagine its the same.

Guitar Goober

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:39 am

Phantom wrote:The differences between the Soloist 60 and the Stage 60. In a nutshell here you go:

The Soloist 60 is a 2 channel amp with a single 12" Celestion with Presence on the master section. The Stage 60 is a 3 channel amp with 2 x 12" Celestions with an added Resonance in the master section. The Stage 60 also has an additional ECC82 valve for the 3rd channel of course.

Bottom line ... the Soloist is more for the the Solo player that needs less variation of tone but greater portability in the amp. The Stage 60 is broader spec'd and therefore has broader appeal but comes with the cost and larger size.
Also, the Soloist 60 has a footswitchable solo boost. The Stage 60 doesn't have this, but the 3rd channel can be configured with a higher volume and more gain too for leads.

Phantom

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:24 pm

Resonance ...

Technically it give a boost around a cutoff point that is typically variable. It's a bit like taking a plane into a steep climb just before putting it into a steep nose dive. This is what happens to your sound. The position of the resonance determines the effected frequencies.

Phantom.

guitarlord28

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:26 am

From the options, I'd say the Stage 60 would be better for me than the Soloist. I'd rather have more versitality. Although, I still gotta try them :roll:

Phantom

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:34 am

Try before you buy ... always the way!

Phantom.

• Information