HT-20 at band (clip)!

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
gt_jumper

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:17 am

HT-20 combo, with the Etone 231 speaker.

Please dont be harsh on the bass player, he is learning and this was one of those improv' moments.

amps sits great in the mix and the master wasn't even past noon (channel volumes were on about 2 0'clock)

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9061220

mark1

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi gt_jumper

I was thinking of getting a HT-5 but then decided the HT20 may be better as it would give a bit more headroom on the clean channel, and have the extra power should I ever need it, I haven’t tried an HT20 yet though.

1. Did you try both and if so can you get everything on the HT-20 that the HT-5 is capable of (but not the other way round)?

2. Can you get the nice ‘tubey warm’ sounds at low volume levels on the HT20 or is the HT5 better because it be cranked for home use?

I’m probably thinking heads only and not combo

Mark

gt_jumper

Sat May 01, 2010 3:27 am

mark1 wrote:Hi gt_jumper

I was thinking of getting a HT-5 but then decided the HT20 may be better as it would give a bit more headroom on the clean channel, and have the extra power should I ever need it, I haven’t tried an HT20 yet though.

1. Did you try both and if so can you get everything on the HT-20 that the HT-5 is capable of (but not the other way round)?

2. Can you get the nice ‘tubey warm’ sounds at low volume levels on the HT20 or is the HT5 better because it be cranked for home use?

I’m probably thinking heads only and not combo

Mark
G'day mark.

The HT-20 gain channel is a slightly smoother ht-5 and has a little more gain on tap (definitely all the way up to 80's thrash)

the HT-5 gain channel does sound better at speaking volumes though, the HT-20 has to be nearly jamming with drummer level to get the similar tone, the ht-20 sound like crap without the volume (like most decent amps)

The clean channel is a strong point of the HT-20, Id compare it to the classic 30 or even the ENGL. it has the head room to get over a drummer whilst remaining uber clean even with hot humbuckers.

And the clean channel sounds great at low volumes and take pedals like mums to newborns.

• Information