over drive for my club 40

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
ck

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:28 am

have a gft card for GC and looking at overdrive pedals.narrowed my search to either a t.c. electronic nova drive or yhe ht-dual.anyone try both of these?they don't have either in stock so i can;t try them.is the ht-dual the same tone i can already get from the club 40.thanx for your replys

bobc2112

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Mate, the HT dual is arguably the BEST distortion you can buy. I gig mine through a Marshall 50 watt plexi and it totally rocks. IMHO, you'd be better off trying the Digitech Bad Monkey to overdrive the existing lead channel on the HT-40. It's both cheap, and bloody effective!!!!

jshaffer23

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:31 am

The HT Dual is a DANG nice pedal! My bandmate is using one through a fender HRD and it sounds GREAT! If you are looking for something to make the clean channel dirtier, take a look at the Digitech Hardwire CM-2 overdrive. I got one from ebay that was pretty much brand new for $50 and it sounds really really good. It works well as a boost to the OD channels as well! 8)

Sjoerd

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:13 pm

The Bad Monkey is a great pedal, indeed! I also have a HT-drive, which sounds awesome, but it's sort of a one trick pony (but it sounds different than the overdrive channels of my HT-60). The HT-dual is versatile and probably just as good sounding as the HT-drive, so if you've enough money I would buy that one.

ck

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:17 am

got the tc nova drive.took it back 3 days later,nothing but fuzzy @$#%! picked up the ht dual.fantastic! i have one question though.anyone have any problem with grounding issues? when i touch my finger to the metal tube cover the unit is quiet. when i lift my finger it gets a little buzzy.only when i am not playing though. thanx for your replys:)

brendan mccloskey

Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:29 pm

Sincere apologies for the double-post, but i think my original question was on the wrong forum.......can anyone suggest a suitable overdrive/distortion pedal for my new stage60: in the style of TNT/Kings X, I'd like one pedal to take the clean channel into light crunch, OD1 into distortion and OD2 into searing solo territory - I was using a valve Plexitube Tonebone, but it was just too much gain for the OD channels - the Hardwire CM2 suggested here sounds good

toneseeker

Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:48 pm

jshaffer23 wrote: If you are looking for something to make the clean channel dirtier, take a look at the Digitech Hardwire CM-2 overdrive.
why would you want to make the clean channel dirty,when all you need to do is go to your gain channel and put a pedal in the loop,ibanez tube screamer is good and the digi cm-2 is good,i have a ts9 in the loop and sounds very good!

jshaffer23

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:32 pm

toneseeker wrote:
jshaffer23 wrote: If you are looking for something to make the clean channel dirtier, take a look at the Digitech Hardwire CM-2 overdrive.
why would you want to make the clean channel dirty,when all you need to do is go to your gain channel and put a pedal in the loop,ibanez tube screamer is good and the digi cm-2 is good,i have a ts9 in the loop and sounds very good!
That defeats the purpose for what I need. I am basically using the CM-2 in front of the amp as another channel pretty much. I use both of my OD channels for different things and I can ALMOST get the tone I want from OD1 with my guitar volume rolled back, but its still not quite there. I am using the "fender" voicing on the clean channel and it wont go into break up unless it is crazy loud. With the CM-2 in front of the clean I get a nice smooth OD tone that I really like. Here is a clip of how I am using it......
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=9703329

• Information