New Blackstar HT-40 problem?

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
enegativ

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi all,

I just got my new HT-40 couple of days ago and everything seems to work fine but I've notice something I didn't expect at all:

- When switching channels -either using the footswitch or the switch in the amp- the change is not immediate, there is some latency, I couldn't measure it but it's not 10 ms, it's more like 100 ms. Not terrible but noticeable. Is this common or my amp has some issue?

- Besides, I've noticed people comments the overdrive channel is louder than the clean one. It doesn't happen like that in my case, they are pretty similar but I'd say the clean one is louder! Am I the only one?

I'm starting to think my amp is actually damaged.

wildriff

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:33 pm

I'd have it checked. I've been using mine now for about 2 months and have had no issues whatsoever. The channel switching has been working flawlessly.

jshaffer23

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:41 pm

There shouldnt be any delay at all. Mine is instant. I would have that checked out!

ffooxx

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:57 pm

My one also switch instantly.

Regarding the volume my one is the same clean is much launder then OD. When both volume on clean and OD channel set to noon.

enegativ

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:35 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to have it checked.

Regarding the volume I already confirmed that clean is much louder in mine. I have to crank the volumen on the OD channel much more to keep it up with the clean.

enegativ

Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Ok people, I returned the amp to the store (bought it online) and I've got a new one at home already. And guess what, it behaves exactly the same!!

Do you seriously don't notice any latency when switching channels? It is small, but it does exist. I compared it to od and distortion pedals, and those do it instantly but the amp takes a few miliseconds to do the change. If I'm playing kind of fast and I footswitch to overdrive channel I can't hear the beginning of the first note.

A guy from Blackstar told me there's supposed to be a small gap but it shouldn't be noticeable. Problem is I don't know what they understand by 'noticeable', I definitely can notice the gap in mine!

The rest of features in the amp work flawlessly, I can't believe I got 2 different amps with the same small problem!

wildriff

Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:36 pm

I'm sorry to here you have the same problem from another amp. I have absolutely no issues with mine. The change is instant when I change channels

Iwan

Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:20 pm

No problems here with my HT 40.

jamminfool77

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:39 pm

enegativ wrote:Hi all,

I just got my new HT-40 couple of days ago and everything seems to work fine but I've notice something I didn't expect at all:

- When switching channels -either using the footswitch or the switch in the amp- the change is not immediate, there is some latency, I couldn't measure it but it's not 10 ms, it's more like 100 ms. Not terrible but noticeable. Is this common or my amp has some issue?

- Besides, I've noticed people comments the overdrive channel is louder than the clean one. It doesn't happen like that in my case, they are pretty similar but I'd say the clean one is louder! Am I the only one?

I'm starting to think my amp is actually damaged.
It is my understanding that BlackStar has different FirmWare updates. The first series HT amps they released had some issues with the footswitcj and they fixed this in later models. I have a HT-100 Head and i had issues when switching between clean channel to OD2. The OD2 would sound strange (low vol and not as bright) However, when i switched from OD1 to OD2 there was no problems. I contacted BlackStar and they informed me about a firmware update for the foot switch. I had to take it to an authorized dealer and they had it fixed for me.

steve15366

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:44 pm

My Clean volume needs to be set lower than my overdrive channel, but I have experienced this with other valve amps too.
it does'nt really present a problem, i wonder if it's delibrate? :?:

• Information