Problems with HT20 head and HTV112 cab

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
joshmarx6

Sat May 08, 2010 1:51 am

Hey
I only got my ht 20 head and 1x12 cab last week and when i hold a note or chord, I hear this vibrato sorta effect. Is this a problem or is it just the way the amp is.
Anyone else got the same problem or know what it is?
Thanks

gt_jumper

Sat May 08, 2010 2:37 am

joshmarx6 wrote:Hey
I only got my ht 20 head and 1x12 cab last week and when i hold a note or chord, I hear this vibrato sorta effect. Is this a problem or is it just the way the amp is.
Anyone else got the same problem or know what it is?
Thanks
Not to make you sound dumb but sometimes the best of us miss the most obvious things :lol:

Does the guitar do it on other amps

Is the correct speaker out being used (does the ohmages match up)

are you using a correct speaker lead and not an instrument lead

The amp sounds like an amp, the vibrato thing says something is definitely wrong.

joshmarx6

Sat May 08, 2010 2:57 am

ok thanks. I wasn't using a correct speaker lead but I changed it and it didn't make a difference. I am going to take it back to the shop today. Could it by any chance have anything to do with the speaker or cab?

gt_jumper

Sat May 08, 2010 3:04 am

joshmarx6 wrote:ok thanks. I wasn't using a correct speaker lead but I changed it and it didn't make a difference. I am going to take it back to the shop today. Could it by any chance have anything to do with the speaker or cab?
Well since your taking it back to the shop i wouldn't open it to see if anything is wrong. But i once left a cable in the second input jack of a sterio cab and it made the vibrato (out of phase) sound. But really dude it could be anything, take it back to the store they are going to hook it up to other amps cabs and guitars to isolate your problem.

It really sux to hear this though man, blackstar make excellent gear and this stuff ruins it for alot of people.

• Information