DB9 midi cables, Midi interfaces

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
ZachmYork

Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:30 am

As we all know, the HT series comes equipped with the DB9 connectors for our footswitches. Has anyone had any luck using a midi interface OTHER than the RJM MAG? I have a g system on the floor and 50% of the reason I bought it was to manage my rig from the unit. I have a Voodoo Lab control switcher, but for the life of me I cannot find the proper cable to interface between the floor unit, the switcher, and the HT-100. Any suggestions? I'm at my wits end

cadblaster

Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:57 pm

I use the Voodoo Labs control switcher. It's a custom cable going from the DB9 to the Voodoo switcher. A standard Midi cable goes from the Voodoo to your midi floor controller.
You can make the cable yourself, or I think Voodoo will make one for you. I may have posted the cable pinout in some earlier post.

ZachmYork

Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Dude! Thank you! I've yet to hear back from Voodoo Lab but there is no telling how long that will take. Ive never built a custom cable before, but im sure it cant be much more than some solo and soldering. If you can provide me with a with wiring schematics and/or instruction it would be much appreciated.

cadblaster

Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:36 pm

PM me your email. I've having a hard time pasting the PDF drawing to the forum.

ZachmYork

Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:22 am

It wont let me PM? I guess im not active enough here. Email me at zachmyork@gmail.com

cadblaster

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:06 pm

For all you guy's that keep asking for the drawing,,,,
PM me your email address and I'll send it to you. Having issues with PM's and trying to attach drawings. Same for trying to post drawing to the forum.......

championpedals

Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:22 am

I have the solution to your needs. The ht midi interface will give you midi control and the 9 pin connector in 1 box. I added 4 1/4 switching outputs as well.

Let me know if you want more info

cadblaster

Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:15 am

championpedals wrote:I have the solution to your needs. The ht midi interface will give you midi control and the 9 pin connector in 1 box. I added 4 1/4 switching outputs as well.

Let me know if you want more info
More info would be great. Can it accept both PC and CC commands ? Can you select which channel it listens on, or is it Omni ? How is it powered? I.E. 7 pin midi cable hopefully :mrgreen:

Dynochrome

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:24 pm

I have just finished up a few really nice cables that switch a HT60 via 3x 1/4 TS Momentary Clean/OD/OD2 (or boost). I left Reverb out because I like it better than anything in my Gmajor2.(It could be added easy enough though.)

They work on systems like a Voodoo labs GCX or anything that outs 1/4" momentary.
(although when tested latching worked properly also) The amp switches momentary and given a choice I'd leave it that way. Thanks to the members here that helped me figure the whole deal out.

Best part is they're made for much less than interface manufacturers wanted for one!

If I had a voodoo labs switcher with midi pin connector (not midi control) I would have wired up the DB9 to that as it is much neater/compact/less stuff to break & plug in.

edugat

Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:28 am

Hey guys, somebody can send me the schematics to change the channels using cables with 1/4 connectors? My email is contato@eduardokalil.com

Thanks!!

• Information