Want Marshall tone in the HT-100?

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
Guitarzan

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:43 pm

replace the Ecc82 pre-amp tube with a JJ ecc82. That TAD ECC82 tube is JUNK.

KKND

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:59 am

I am glad that you answered this in rather a practical way. One guy asked for a Marshall tone and some smarty said "Go buy a Marshall"

So JJecc82, i am defenitely ordering some JJ's for my stage 60. WHat about your speakers, what do you use......?

DrKarnivore

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:35 am

I put a JJ in the V2 position last week and the OD2 channel did sound better at band practice last night. I had it retubed with JJ EL34`s too.

However, OD1 is still a bit harsh and ice picky to my ears, would replacing the V1 tube have any effect on smoothing that out a bit?

I actually plugged the thing through a Matamp 2x12 with 2 Celetion K100`s in it, but not too much difference on that channel (OD2 much better though).

Guitarzan

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:02 pm

DrKarnivore wrote:I put a JJ in the V2 position last week and the OD2 channel did sound better at band practice last night. I had it retubed with JJ EL34`s too.

However, OD1 is still a bit harsh and ice picky to my ears, would replacing the V1 tube have any effect on smoothing that out a bit?

I actually plugged the thing through a Matamp 2x12 with 2 Celetion K100`s in it, but not too much difference on that channel (OD2 much better though).

in the v1 position I have a Groove Tubes Ecc83-s, gold series. Sounds really smooth. JJ's are really cheap and sound really good. I get all of my stuff from Amplified Parts.

DrKarnivore

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:32 pm

Guitarzan wrote:
DrKarnivore wrote:I put a JJ in the V2 position last week and the OD2 channel did sound better at band practice last night. I had it retubed with JJ EL34`s too.

in the v1 position I have a Groove Tubes Ecc83-s, gold series. Sounds really smooth. JJ's are really cheap and sound really good. I get all of my stuff from Amplified Parts.

Did you mean that a decent tube in the V1 socket smoothed out the OD1? If so, I`m gonna get ordering another JJ.

Guitarzan

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:40 pm

DrKarnivore wrote:
Guitarzan wrote:

Did you mean that a decent tube in the V1 socket smoothed out the OD1? If so, I`m gonna get ordering another JJ.
Yes definitely get a JJ.

DrKarnivore

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:55 pm

Guitarzan wrote:
DrKarnivore wrote:
Guitarzan wrote:

Yes definitely get a JJ.
Great, cheers for the tip mate.

• Information