HT Stage 60 - FS 7 cable

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
xrekcor

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:05 am

Hi All,

I need to make a custom foot switch cable. Can anyone confirm the D9 cable supplied is just a standard PC serial cable?

Cheers
Rob

MColomb

Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Hey Rob,

The footswitch cable is a standard PC 9 pin serial cable, i found this one out making a sweet ass bamboo footswitch for the blackstar.

hope this helps,

michael

xrekcor

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi Michael,

Thanks mate, I thought it was but you never do really know when it is a sealed plug on the cable. I actually rang Blackstar in the UK late last night and spoke with a service bloke there and he confirmed. I should have posted the answer I got here.

Sorry about that.... To busy with the soldering iron lol.

Thanks for you input all the same.

Cheers
Rob

uderbr

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:09 pm

can you please share your project? my fs 7 was lost in a gig and I do not found any place selling it in my country.

xrekcor

Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:05 pm

Hey Mate,

It's a straight D9 male to D9 female serial cable, you should/might be able to get from a local computer store, but sometimes they are a bit short and may have to order onefor you, that's if you have a computer shop locally. If not and you are handy with a soldering iron they are cheaper and fairly easy to make if not a little fiddly due to the closeness and size of the pins you have to solder too. Plus the wires themselves are very thin and it is easy to overheat when soldering them to the pins so care is needed here. Apart from that all you have to do is make sure you run each wire to the same pins, plugging the two D9's together helps with this or you can google "D9 male to D9 female wiring diagram" but the pins on the soldering end should be numbered albeit you might need a manifying glass to read them.

Hope this helps good luck and let me know how you go.

xrekcor

• Information