HT20 Broken

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
Markystang

Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:32 am

Hi everyone!
I've had my HT20 combo for just over a week now, and it quit on me last night. I'd been playing it for about 20 minutes or so, and I decided to try a few of the suggested tone settings. I turned my guitar volume to "0" and adjusted the amp. When I turned the volume on the guitar up again, I got no sound at all. The power light is still lit, the channel still switches, and the speaker is still plugged in. I tried a different guitar and cord tonight, still no sound. I tried it running my extension cab. Silence. I checked both of the fuses in the back of the amp, and they both look fine. I tried the emulated out, and it's quiet as well.....
Am I overlooking anything? I want to check over all the simple stuff myself before I take it back. Any ideas what the problem could be?
Thanks in advance!
-Mark

KKND

Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:16 am

Are you connecting anything through the amp's send/return?
I at least once removed the pedals and left the cables plugged in the back and I got no sound at all !
All the best buddy....

Markystang

Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:39 am

Nothing plugged into the effects loop.....no pedals between the guitar and amp either.
Thanks for the tip!

mfjordi

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:59 pm

It might be the stock tubes.
Do they glow?

toneseeker

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:06 am

sounds like either power tube or preamp tube, take it to your local repairer, or if it's still under warranty take it back to where you bought it!

Markystang

Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:34 am

I took it in to the store where I bought it. They repaired it for me. Although it looked fine to my eye, apparently the HT fuse had blown. Why we don't know. The tech tried to replicate it, but he couldn't make it blow again. He said if it does it again, it may be a tube failing.
He also found that the input jack had a loose connection. What a difference fixing that made! This amp was pretty noisy since I got it. When turned on it would hum for a minute or so while warming up, and constantly when the guitar was plugged in. Now it's perfect! No hum at all!

• Information