New HT-40 DOA (Australia)

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
SydneyPC1

Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:43 am

Hi All

I have an HT-50 head with a HTV-212 cabinet (loaded with Celestion V30's). The amp sounds great and promted a pro guitarist friend of mine to buy an HT-40 last week. Unfortunatley the amp has all sorts of problems out of the box and needs replacement. We are waiting for a response from the new distributor through the shop we bought it from which was their last Blackstar amp. It was bought from VIC and shipped to Sydney.

Two things are happening in Australia. One is Blackstar have changed distributors and two they are putting up prices. Putting up prices can actually increase sales on some products and I believe it may work for Blackstar.
I must admit I am sick of hearing people say Blackstar arn't they the cheap amps. An amp should Not be judged on price but on sound, reliability, weight and versatility. I started with the HT-5 about 4yrs ago and am very happy with Blackstar. Like all electronics products there is the occassional dud that slips right through QC. If a product is dead right out of the box it should be replaced with a new one. It is not like the product was used for a few months then developed a problem.

I just hope that the new distributor CMI can address this problem for us. Once the lag has passed I am sure they will benefit from those of us who supported Blackstar in the first 5yrs.

Have distributors and prices changed in other continents US/UK ?.

Regards
Paul

SydneyPC1

Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:43 pm

Hi All

Just wanted to say Thankyou to Blackstar and the new distributor CMI in Australia for repairing the new HT-40. It sounds and works as it should.

Much Appreciated
Paul

thephantum

Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:28 pm

Glad they got it sorted for you. 8-)

• Information