Little noise on my HT-40, is this normal ?

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
Vhalara

Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:39 am

Hey guys,

I just bought a Blackstar HT-Club 40 Venue Combo this Xmas.
I'm a total noob in amps, it's only my second one (first one was a shitty $60 amp), so I don't know what's normal and what's not.
There's a really little kind of white noise, that gets bigger when I turn up the volume or I put on overdrive. It's really not big but however. It's not coming from my cables (I tried 3 different ones) and neither from my guitar. The noise isn't here when there's nothing plugged but begins when I plug a cable. It's really not loud but hey I'm a noob :lol:
Here's what it sounds like : http://picosong.com/Q7L7/
At 0:10 master is at full volume and at 0:16 I switch on the overdrive channel.
Hope I'll get a fast answer! :D

thephantum

Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:50 pm

What you are hearing is normal. Tube amps make noise. The fact that the click of the footswitch is louder than any of the noise the amp is making. ;)

Vhalara

Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:32 pm

Thanks for your answer man ! Glad to know it's normal! :)

ht40guy

Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:09 am

Hi, another factor is what type of pickups are in your guitar? Single coil (like a Stratocaster or Telecaster) which produce a certain amount of hum or white noise or Humbuckers (each pickup has two coils, like a Les Paul or SG, which as the name suggests cancel hum). Also, if you have a cheaper single coil guitar it may not have good sheilding - sheilding reduces the amount of hum that gets through to the amp.

Cheers
Glenn

Vhalara

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:53 am

Me again!
I just realized something, so another noob question here. White noise continues even when the master is at zero. Normal?
Thanks!
EDIT : It also continues to do that noise I figured out on my other topic sometimes http://picosong.com/8Ccm/
And sometimes, like a "tick" noise.
What should I do ? I bought it on Thomann
EDIT 2 : It also does it with my acoustic guitar finally... Really pisses me up...

• Information