Replacement footswitch and no reverb

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
brmc72

Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi all,

I recently picked up a used HT Club 40 (which I'm completely loving, by the way), but it had no foot switch with it. I don't really care about having the ability to toggle the reverb on or off, so I ended up picking up a single-button replacement switch from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003OY ... ge_o01_s00) just so I could toggle the clean/gain channel.

I've found, though, that using this foot switch completely disables the reverb. I was assuming that I could still manually adjust the reverb from the front of the amp, but I guess that's not the case. Is anyone aware of anything I can do to regain manual control of the reverb short of returning this foot switch and getting a two-button switch?

Thanks!

thephantum

Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:28 pm

The footswitch jack is basically a stereo (TRS) 1/4" jack. The tip and the sleeve toggle the channels. The ring and the sleeve toggle reverb. When you connect a mono 1/4" jack, the sleeve is essentially shorting the reverb switch to ground, keeping it off.

You could change the plug on the footswitch you have. Basscially, remove the mono (TR) plug and install a stereo (TRS) plug, but only wire the tip and the sleeve. With the ring essentially open, it should allow the reverb on the amp to function as if nothing is plugged in.

...or just return the switch you have and get a dual latching footswitch.

brmc72

Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:59 pm

Yeah, in hindsight, that makes perfect sense. I was hoping to save some space on the pedalboard, but should probably just exchange the switch for a proper one.

Thanks for the info!

• Information