Club 40

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
Corkers78

Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:41 am

Hi all, my first post here. Picked up a HT club 40 with a extension cab a couple of months ago. Loving it! I had collection of dirt pedals before I got the blackstar but found I didn't need them all, so traded a few. Decided to pick up a 10 band caline eq pedal, thought it would be handy. Now I have read on here that people are getting good results with eqs in the loop. My question is where should it go in the order? I also have a phaser, tremolo, chorus , delay, clean boost and jamman ( in that order) in the effects loop. Should it go first?

Not even quite sure how I want to use the eq yet. I thought general tone shaping, maybe as a boost. My epi LP can get a bit bassy / boomy at times, so maybe use it to dial out that when needed.

On another note, mate of mine has leant me his barber gain changer, I reckon it pairs very nicely with this amp. On a low gain setting with my LP it gives a very nice fat , smooth, bluesy lead tone.
Cheers

thephantum

Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:54 pm

Based on your chain, I would put the eq between the your delay pedal and clean boost. That way you are using it as a final tone shaping tool before you hit your boost and looper.. The bottom line though is to put it where you think it sounds/works best. That's going to take experimentation. ;)

Now, if you are looking to dial in specific guitars, you might want to try it in front of the amp instead. That way you can dial in the guitar's raw signal prior to it getting amplified.

Firetrot

Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:02 pm

Something else to keep in mind is that there is no "textbook" way to set up your pedal board. How a guitarist arranges pedals on a board is completely up to the tone that they are trying to achieve. Having said that, it is my personal experience that with the Club 40, the EQ sounds better in the FX loop rather than in front of the amp. I have a Mesa Boogie 5 band EQ, and it gets the job done nicely.

• Information