Loud Noise HT Club 40

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
Riffaxe

Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:39 pm

I'm getting a noise at times. Everything will seem ok then it will make a loud noise even when volume is down and will continue even when in Standby. I have to turn off the amp. It will be working good for long periods of time. I never know when it will happen.

Just purchased it a few days ago and it did it out of the box.

Any idea's ?

thephantum

Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Take it back where you bought it and get another as it should still be under store warranty.

Riffaxe

Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:48 pm

Thanks!

BB Guitar

Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:10 pm

I feel your pain. Blackstar replaced my brand new HT Club 40 two times due to an annoying cracking sound. So at this point I'm on my 3rd amp and this one had to be serviced a while back for exactly the same issue as the first two amps. I read on line at the time I purchased the amp that Blackstar had acquired a bad batch of electronic parts around the time my amp(s) were made, but I never could confirm that and Blackstar wouldn't admit to anything. It's a shame because it is an incredible sounding little thing when it works properly. Now it's making a loud cracking sound that almost reminds you of an explosion. It started up again during a gig, especially noticeable (even to the crowd) when playing the lower notes. Now it's even making the cracking noises when it's on stand-by. I didn't think any sound should come out of the speaker when it's on stand-by ??? I ordered a new set of tubes hoping this will solve the problem, but haven't had them put in yet. I'm not a technician and prefer to have someone that knows about biasing do the work. Definitely NOT a dependable amp in my opinion which really stinks because you just never know when it's going to fail again. Of course like most of the amps in this price range, it's made in China.

• Information