Picture of HT 40 PCB where Transformer connects

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
mrguentner

Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Could someone please post a picture of the HT40 PCB Circuit Board where the power transformer connects? I took it to an amp repair shop to confirm my Power Transformer is shot (it was). But I suspect he reconnected the terminals incorrectly I would like to confirm that it is connected correctly, but you cannot get a schematic from Blackstar.

mrguentner

Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:59 pm

I replaced the Power Transformer on my HT40 and it is fully operational again. I ordered an OEM Blackstar replacement ($85.00 plus shipping) from Parts is Parts, which was pretty much plug and play. It only took us a half hour or so to swap out the transformer. No soldering needed.

Diagnosing a bad transformer. If your amp goes completely dead and you replace the fuse and it immediately pops. Try taking out the tubes and replace the fuse and power up the amp if fuse immediately pops the fuse chances are you have a blown transformer. I took mine in to have it diagnosed by a local amp repair shop to be sure. They were nice enough to diagnose it for free. I saved myself a $60.00 labor charge by swapping it out myself.

• Information