Noise when recording from the emulated out

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
brento73

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:35 am

Hey there! New Blackstar owner, and new forum member. First off, I LOVE this amp. I needed a new amp since my old one was on its last legs, and went to a local shop just to see what they had. I came home with my Club 40. It sounds great, both through the speaker and through the emulated output, except for some noise on the emulated. You can hear it here:

https://soundcloud.com/user2714846/noise

In the first part I turned up the input sensitivity to bring out the noise in all its glory. The second half of the clip I noodle around on the clean channel to show the noise in action. When I go back and listen to it, it's hard to detect the noise when I'm actually playing something(thankfully), but in my DAW(Reaper) I can hear it, and don't want it messing up a great track somewhere down the line.

So, here's what I've learned so far:
  • It doesn't come through the speaker, no matter how high I turn the volume.
  • It doesn't matter if the amp is on or in standy.
  • It doesn't matter whether or not there's a guitar plugged into the amp's input.
  • I don't hear this sort of noise on my Boss GP-10 multi-effects unit, nor if I plug a mic or guitar directly into my audio interface.
I'm thinking it's something to do with the power coming out of the wall, and have thought about getting a power conditioner(Furman, etc.), but I wanted to seek advice/suggestions before spending any money.

Thanks in advance for any ideas on this.

Dynochrome

Mon May 09, 2016 6:02 am

My guess is a ground loop between the amp and what it is plugged into. Without XLR emulated out,it limits your options of how to remedy.

• Information