HT-20H with greenback - funk/indie band

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
Matieo

Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:01 am

Hello there!
Recently i got rid of my chunky Bugera 333XL Infinium, which i found way too loud to crank and heavy to carry. I bought SS combo Hughes&Kettner Edition Blue 60R, but it didn't come to my expectations, so i'm sending it back. It is true what they say, once you start playing with a tube amp, you will never look back. Thats all for the introduction.

I'm playing mostly at home and with my friends in a spare time. No gigs. We are a 4 piece (me on lead, vocals, not that hard hitting drummer, slap lovin' bassist with Rumble 100), but soon a friend with keyboard is going to join us. In band we play mostly funk (RHCP, some jams) and blues/indie rock (Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys). At my own, i dig playing Led Zep, AC/DC, Hendrix & SRV but also some harder stuff like Iron Maiden and Killswitch Engage. Guitar i'm using is Ibanez RG721 (i simply loved it when i saw it first, it was a must have :) ).
QUESTION BELOW
I know that HT20 is going to sound reasonably good on bedroom level volume. My question is, is it going to have enough clean headroom to play (especially funk) once plugged into 112 Palmer open-back cab loaded with Celestion Greenback 8 ohm. Is this speaker going to be fine when amp pushed to all of its power?
I will be using clean channel a lot, mostly as a "pedalslave". I'm building my own pedals, which include copies of Tubescreamer, Big Muff, Fuzz Face, Suhr Riot, Deep Blue Delay, LA chorus, Phase 90 and a tremolo. And ofc a Cry Baby wah.
When does the clean channel starts to break? How much noise does this amp when pushed or in 50% of its power?

• Information