HT-20 Effects Send No Sound From It

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
RC21

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:40 pm

Hi,

Here is how I have my rig setup:

Guitar >> Pedal board >> Input of Marshall JMP-1 Midi Pre-Amp >> TC Electronics G-Major II >> Effects Return on Blackstar HT-20. Emulated output on HT-20 >> Recording Interface. Headphone plug in Input of HT-20, otherwise no sound.

What I want to do is get a none emulated signal to my recording interface so I can use guitar cabinet impulse responses to use on my guitar and have a choice of cabinets for my rig.

I have tried using the Effects Send but there is no signal coming out to my interface and thus my DAW. I do have sound from the emulated output from the HT-20.

As I understand it, the Effects Send should send a none emulated output signal, is that correct? If so why is no signal coming from the Effects Send as I have my current setup configured?

Anyone know how to get the signal I want from the HT-20 with the setup I have?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!

thephantum

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:24 pm

Since you are not sending a signal to the preamp of the HT-20 (via the input jack), you will not get anything from the Send. The signal flow on the HT-20 is as follows: Guitar Input=>Preamp=>Send=>Return=>Power Amp. The EO is tapped between the Return and the Power amp.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you want a non-EO signal from the HT-20 but you are bypassing both the preamp and poweramp, why is it even in the path? Why not just go from the G-Major to the interface? :?:

• Information