HT Club 40 mod question

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
Anacharsis

Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:32 pm

I have considered getting an HT Club 40, but I find it really disappointing that it has such limited tone control on the clean channel. I like to dial in my cleans for use with fuzz, among other things. The fact that the HT Club 40 has two clean voicings is great. It just needs a real tone stack (and ISF would, be awesome). I bought an older model HT-5H specifically to get that flexibility on the cleans.

How hard would it to be to have a mod done to have the ISF and B/M/T controls apply to both channels? Or is that just unrealistic?

rschleicher

Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:44 pm

Given that the clean and overdrive channels are basically separate channels, I think it would be a pretty extensive modification.

Maybe something else to try would be to work on settings for the overdrive channel, for it to be as clean as possible. Voice-switch out (for the lower-gain, "classic crunch" voicing), and then turn the gain knob well down. I would think you could get at least somewhat close to what you are looking for. Of course, it would also preclude you from switching from clean to dirty with the foot switch, since your "clean" would already be using the dirty channel....

8len8

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:29 am

I ended up using an EQ with my true bypass switcher so it kicks in when the amp clean channel is selected.

Anacharsis

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:52 pm

Thanks for both thoughts. That last option seems the most suitable to my use. I haven't seen the HT Club 40 on a real blowout yet. Since neither Blackstar nor Korg USA does an ounce of communication as to what products will no longer be carried in the USA (they just vanish, like the TVP heads, HT-408 cabinet, HT-5 heads, and so on), I'm thinking I may just look elsewhere for my future amps anyway. I'm stuck having to improvise one cabinet as it is. I don't want to have to order from overseas if I start using a Blackstar as my main amp, have a theft or failure, and need a prompt replacement - only to find that Korg silently decided to stop carrying that model.

• Information