HT Stage 100 MK11 Bias LEDS

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
Harley9599

Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:35 am

I'm assuming from all the other post that it's normal that when I turn the volume up and hit a chord that the red lights will come on. also what kind of tubes are you guys running I just got myself a set of the tong sole el34b anybody recommend good preamp tubes I ordered a set of GrooVe tubes I like the way the amp sounds now not trying to change it much but get a little bit of a better tone but surprisingly the new power tubes took some of the screeching high's out more of a classic sound kind of. Thanks guys I appreciate all the advice

maico996

Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:32 pm

Harley9599 wrote:
I'm assuming from all the other post that it's normal that when I turn the volume up and hit a chord that the red lights will come on. also what kind of tubes are you guys running I just got myself a set of the tong sole el34b anybody recommend good preamp tubes I ordered a set of GrooVe tubes I like the way the amp sounds now not trying to change it much but get a little bit of a better tone but surprisingly the new power tubes took some of the screeching high's out more of a classic sound kind of. Thanks guys I appreciate all the advice
Yes it's normal for the LEDs to change color while you're playing. These are the tubes I'm using and I really like the way the amp is sounding:

https://www.eurotubes.com/store/pc/Blac ... 3p2988.htm

Keep in mind you won't need the ECC82 for the phase inverter.

brianwrym

Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:57 pm

maico996 wrote:
Harley9599 wrote:
Yes it's normal for the LEDs to change color while you're playing. These are the tubes I'm using and I really like the way the amp is sounding:

This tube set if for the First version of these amps, the MK1's ; We have the MK2's and are different than that amp. The ecc82 is lower in power for a reason, but if you want to goose the input to the power section and blow the grid stoppers go for it :)

maico996

Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:52 pm

brianwrym wrote:
maico996 wrote:
Harley9599 wrote:

This tube set if for the First version of these amps, the MK1's ; We have the MK2's and are different than that amp. The ecc82 is lower in power for a reason, but if you want to goose the input to the power section and blow the grid stoppers go for it :)
The MkII uses 2 x ECC83 and 4 x EL34 valves according to Blackstar's website. The phase inverter tube has been eliminated hence the reason the ECC82 isn't needed. The tube set I referenced is the same as the stock MkII except for the E34Ls instead of the EL34s. Properly biased this tube set sounds better than stock to my ears.

brianwrym

Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:14 am

maico996 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:52 pm
brianwrym wrote:
maico996 wrote:

The MkII uses 2 x ECC83 and 4 x EL34 valves according to Blackstar's website. The phase inverter tube has been eliminated hence the reason the ECC82 isn't needed. The tube set I referenced is the same as the stock MkII except for the E34Ls instead of the EL34s. Properly biased this tube set sounds better than stock to my ears.
Yes correct. But since you posted the Blackstar Ht Stage 100 which is not the amp for the topic, I had to chime in a bit. I have owned 4 of those heads and the Ecc82 is there for a reason. I personally like the EL34L's in all of my tube amps as they sound fantastic! I have a quad of them in the MK2 I have and they rock!

lindausa0106

Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:52 am

You ordered a GrooVe tube set, but there are many different types of amplifier tubes on the market. Each type of tube has its own sound mapquest directions and characteristics. You should learn carefully about each type to see which one suits your musical preferences.

Chill4x

Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 pm

So, about those red lights turning on when you play loud or hit a chord, that's normal for amps like yours. It just means it's adjusting to the louder sounds. I also tried some JJ tubes in the preamp part of my amp, and they made everything sound warmer without messing up the clear sounds, which could work well with the changes you like from your new tubes.

I found some great tips and info on a website called https://leds.to/ that helped me understand why those lights do what they do and how it all works with my amp. It's got a bunch of easy-to-understand stuff about LEDs and could help you figure out how to make your amp sound even better.

• Information