HT 100 for metal

Discussion - HT Venue amplifiers. Inspiration from Studio to Stage.
buriedorburned

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:56 pm

I'm new to the Blackstar family, and love all the amps I've heard from them. I'm planning on buying a Series 1 200 Head later this year, but still need a head for gigging in the meantime. I was thinking of picking up an HT 100 as I love it's versitility, and over-all woody tone. I was thinking if I add a boost in front, it'll pull off death metal tones with ease right ?

I'm thinking of either a TS9 or the Blackstar HT-Drive for a boost...

gt_jumper

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:49 am

buriedorburned wrote:
I'm new to the Blackstar family, and love all the amps I've heard from them. I'm planning on buying a Series 1 200 Head later this year, but still need a head for gigging in the meantime. I was thinking of picking up an HT 100 as I love it's versitility, and over-all woody tone. I was thinking if I add a boost in front, it'll pull off death metal tones with ease right ?

I'm thinking of either a TS9 or the Blackstar HT-Drive for a boost...
Short answer.....YES its a major metal machine that can pull most other tones very convincingly. Here is a clip of a gig using the HT-100 and HT412.

buriedorburned

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:33 pm

lol, cheers for the info. but that vid almost put me off, sounds horrible, that could have easily been a line 6 Spider the guitarists were playing.
Also, why on earth would a band cover KSE ?? Bad form.

gt_jumper

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:59 am

buriedorburned wrote: lol, cheers for the info. but that vid almost put me off, sounds horrible, that could have easily been a line 6 Spider the guitarists were playing.
Also, why on earth would a band cover KSE ?? Bad form.
I play in a death metal band also, here is a more sutable clip to your tastes then, but alas this is the ht-20 a way less heavy amp http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9815550

I was trying to help you, do you always insult those who attempt to help you? I doubt you have heard a line6 spider anyway coz the 2 are nothing alike or you're plane and simply looking to insult someone no matter the answer you recieved for your question.....

• Information