Changing Tubes/Valves on the HT-1RH Head?

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
marten7997

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:27 am

Hello all,

Recently bought a Blackstar HT-1RH head and hooked it up to my Hughes & Kettner TM 110 8 ohm cab. Sounds pretty awesome, but was wondering...what if I tried some different brand tubes (valves for those in the UK) especially NOS RCA, GE, Tung Sol, Mullard, etc. in this new BS head? But the problem is...it looks like it is difficult to take the chassis out of the frame to change out the tubes. Anybody know how difficult it is or which screws to take out to do this? Any other combo or head I have is easy to get at to change out the tubes. Does not look so easy on the BS HT-1RH. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Marten

inspiration

Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:24 am

Hi Marten,

as far as I know you have to remove the screws from the handle on the top of the amp to take the chassis out of the frame.

inspiration

fantana

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:54 pm

inspiration wrote:Hi Marten,

as far as I know you have to remove the screws from the handle on the top of the amp to take the chassis out of the frame.

inspiration

Wrong, on the head the screws for the chassis also hold the rubber feet in place, so unscrew the feet and the chassis will slide out!

marten7997

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:40 am

fantana,

Thanks, man, you were correct, you do unscrew the feet. I am trying out different 12AU7/ECC82 and 12AX7/ECC83 tubes to get the best combination for the tone machine I want. Though it does sound pretty good with the TAD tubes that came installed.

Marten

• Information