HELP !! ...Where each valve plugs into the board ? What if I swap tubes by mistake :( ?? ?

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
FranP

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:57 am

HELP !! ... I was changing tubes and I forgot where each should be pluged.

Can you help me know where each valve is placed within the board ?
What if I swap tubes by mistake :( ?? ?

THANKS A LOT !!

marten7997

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:45 am

Hi, FranP,

Not absolutely sure if this will help or not, as Ihave an HT-1RH head, not the combo. But I have it open at the moment as have been trying out some different tubes. The board is marked HT-1 and the tube locations and the board itself look very similar, but not exactly the same as your picture. Mayb due to mine being the reverb version. The ECC83/12AX7WA tube is in the position to the left in your picture closer to the edge of the board and the ECC82/12AU7 is in the position more to the center of the board, on the right in your picture.

Also, in other small wattage tube amps I have, I have swapped the tubes between the two positions without any negative effects. But it did make big differences to the tone in most instances. Either cleaned it up or dirtied it up from before to after the swap depending on the amp. For instance in a Blackheart Ant BH1H, originally it had two Chinese 12AX7B tubes in both V1 (pre) and V2 (power) positions. I could not really get any decent clean tone out of the amp except at very low volume. I changed to a 12AT7 first in position V1 and it cleaned it up just a little. When I swapped the tube positions putting the 12AT7 in V2 and the 12AX7 in V1, it cleaned it up a lot and yet I can still get decent distortion when I want it, just turn up the volume all the way and control with the volume and tone on the guitar.

None of these changes have seemed to hurt the amp at all.

Hope this helps, good luck. :)

Marten7997

FranP

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:23 pm

Enough to help ...thanks !

V1 (as printed in the board) is the preamp ECC83 or AX7
V2 ( " " " ) is the ECC82 or the "power tube".

• Information