Raven RC-112

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
BLACKJAC

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:50 am

Today I plugged my HT-1 through my Raven RC-112 cabinet (1X12 Celestion closed back cab) and it sounded outstanding! Prior to that I had plugged in my Lil' Night Train through the cab and, it sounded good. The HT-1 was excellent even at low volume. I was able to get excellent tone without any noise! It was getting a slight buzz with the Vox. I was playing a Peavey JF-1 semi-hollow electric through it. A single watt pushes alot of air through a 12" speaker!

MeAndMyCS6

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Blackjac, do you happen to know which Celestion 12" it is? I'm going to be building a 1x12 for my HT-1R and can't decide between the Greenback, Vintage 30...I really like the tone that's capable of coming out of my HT-1R, and a 1x12 would be an awesome addition.

I agree, it's amazing how much can be pushed out by one little ol' watt! :shock:

BLACKJAC

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:51 am

Sorry Me, I'm not sure what kind of Celestion 12" speaker is in there. I have not opened up the back yet on my cabinet. I will research it further and, I'll let you know. It has an 80 watt RMS rating with double that for peak, or so it says on the cabinet.

BLACKJAC

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:35 pm

After contacting Raven by email, one of their reps emailed me back saying that the Celestion did not have a particular model number. They were custom made for Raven. It has a ceramic magnet in it. I had suspected that because I got a great deal on the cab and, these days ALNICO magnet speakers are very pricey. The price of cobalt has skyrocketed.
Last edited by BLACKJAC on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

MeAndMyCS6

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:13 am

Thanks, Blackjac, I didn't mean to put you to work! :oops:

I need to do some more research, but I think for where I'm at and how I play, a ceramic magnet speaker will be just fine. :)

Thanks again for checking!

Blackstar Rockstar

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:19 am

The Raven used a Celestion G12P-80.

BLACKJAC

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:40 am

I opened up the back of the Raven cabinet and show' nuff' Celestian G12P 80! Why couldn't Raven email that back to me, I'll never know! The entire cabinet is particle board! I got it pretty cheap just the same. The speaker is not bad for what I'm using it for. Mostly used with low-watt amps.

MeAndMyCS6

Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:58 pm

BLACKJAC wrote:I opened up the back of the Raven cabinet and show' nuff' Celestian G12P 80! Why couldn't Raven email that back to me, I'll never know! The entire cabinet is particle board! I got it pretty cheap just the same. The speaker is not bad for what I'm using it for. Mostly used with low-watt amps.
Well, at least you now know for sure! And if you got it cheap, then it's all good.

I ended up going with a WGS Reaper, and finished up my cab last year. Here's the back, with the middle panel removed:

And the front, with my baby. (I had posted this once before, but what the heck)

• Information