Brand New HT-1RH Not Working

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
kinkynoah

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:15 am

I just bought a brand new HT-1RH head with the matching HT-408 cab on the weekend. Plugged everything in and powered up and.........nothing! No sound! Just a very feint hiss from the cab. The power light is on and everything is turned up to full. No sound from my guitar at all!

I connected my Orange Micro Terror to the HT-408 using the same cables and guitar and it's fine. So the problem isn't the guitar or the cab.

Any suggestions? The dealer I bought from is an hour's drive away, so I'd like to avoid going back there if possible.

fantana

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Could be a number of things, as it's brand new and still under warranty I'd call Blackstar up and have it shipped to them for testing/repair.

kinkynoah

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:17 am

Thanks for the reply fantana.

I took it back to the shop and they confirmed it was a dud. They couldn't figure out what was wrong so just gave me a new one, which works great!

Bit of a hassle having to drive back and forth, but worth it in the end as I love my new HT-1!

crowhue

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:55 pm

Im a dealer and have noticed a few reliability issues creaping in since BS moved manufacturing to a new facility. Hopefully just a few blips.

• Information