HT-1RH Head and Cab

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
Steve Mavronis

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:07 am

I've always been a solid state user, currently with a Marshall MG15FX. I'm going to be ordering the Blackstar HT-1RH Head with a 1x12 HT-112 Cab to replace it. To bad I just missed the US rebate offer that ended December 31. My question is do Blackstar cabs come with the speaker cable or do I have to order one separately and if I do what should I look for description spec-wise?

Also the 4x8 HT-408 also has a speaker output jack where the others don't. Maybe in the future I'll add one to the stack. Might not be able to do that though if they are different ohms. I was going to get this cab instead since Blackstar promotes the it for the HT-1RH Head but I've heard conflicting opinions on how 8" speakers sound, plus is costs more than the other HT-series cabs and I'm worried it might be louder than the 12" speaker for bedroom practice use. How do Blackstar owners feel about this?

Service

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi, Regarding the speaker lead, both the head and the cab come with one.
Cheers

Steve Mavronis

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:46 pm

Thank you for responding. I have one more pre-purchase question. With the 1W head, comparing the HT-408 and HT-112 cabs, is there a volume difference between the two since they are different ohm cabs and wattage speakers? Not realy concerned which some perceive as better sounding, but which is louder in a small room so my family or neighbor doesn't complain.

• Information