Favorite Guitar For HT-1

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
BLACKJAC

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:48 am

I find whatever guitar I've plugged into my HT-1 sounds pretty good. I use a Fender Highway One Telecaster alot on it also. Most recently I've purchased a 2008 series Gibson Les Paul Standard and, now this is my favorite guitar for this amp! I know that I'm in the honeymoon stage with the guitar but, the burstbucker pros on this guitar have an incredible sound to them. In this pint sized amp wonder of ours, I'm getting some miraculous tones out of it with the Standard. I'm talkin' bout just into the 8 inch speaker! When plugging the combo into a 12" closed back cab, that is when the fun really starts! What guitar do you folks enjoy in your HT-1?

MeAndMyCS6

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:00 pm

My Carvin! Especially when I plug into the extension cab I built. (1 x 12, with a WGS Reaper 30) Awesome sound! :)

I am amazed at what my little HT-1R can do!

BLACKJAC

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:05 pm

That Carvin is one pretty blue guitar! Nice job on that cabinet also! For a single watt these things are awesome! I've played a number of the Marshall one watters and, purchased the JTM1H and, the HT-1 to my ear sounded alot like one of the JCM1H I demoed. The JCM1H is a little more tweakable than the HT-1 but, I found the tone similar. The JCM1H is a hell of an amp as well so, that speaks volumes of positive for the HT-1!

MeAndMyCS6

Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:51 pm

Thanks, Blackjac!

I agree, the HT-1 is a great amp, and as much as the emulated headphone output impresses me, it's when I uncork it that the fun really begins! :)

• Information