Long-Term HT1R Combo Owners Gather 'Round Here

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
Classicplayer

Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:17 pm

As one year approaches in my owning the HT1R combo, I have to say that I'm really enjoying mine. I have not had any issues with it other than detecting a loss of some highs. I'm not sure if it's my hearing or perhaps the amp's volume needs to be a bit higher, or not. I swapped in a Tung-Sol 12AX7 (ECC83) and an Electro-Harmonix 12AU7 (ECC82). I have not noticed any big change in tone by doing so. The stock Blackbird speaker is now broken in, so no need to really swap that. With my two Les Paul's, it covers a wide range of tones from "clean" to high gain, and this just using the gain channel exclusively. It's just a fine little practice and recording amp and I really enjoy the touch sensitivity it provides. It's a little gem.

Classicplayer

tupple

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi Classicplayer,

Great idea for a thread.

I've had my HT-1R for about 2.5 years. It's a great amp and I really enjoy playing it. I would recommend it to anyone who wants great tone and to keep on good terms with their neighbours.

Funnily enough, I've also noticed a gradual loss of highs. It was so gradual that I didn't realise to begin with. I sold a guitar and swapped the pickups on another before I thought about the amp. I've seen enough on this forum and elsewhere to convince me that it's worth having a go at a few mods. I'm actually going to start with a speaker swap so it will be interesting to compare with your experience. This is actually what convinced me:

http://youtu.be/c3CrTtBznlU

I have a Celestion eight 15 on its way right now. I'll check back in once I've made the swap and let you know.

Cheers,

Tupple.

• Information