Problem with my HT-1RH?

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
quarky

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:47 am

Hello,

First off, I am far from an expert in playing so go easy on me. I have a HT-1RH and an old Vox Cab (VT110 perhaps?). I connected it all up the other day for the first time in a couple of months (to my shame) and I don't any sound from the cab. If I plug the headphones into the HT-1RH, I get sound out through those.

So I have a few questions.
1) Is there an easy way to tell if the fault is the head or the cab (I only have one of each!)?
2) can I actually use the head with no cab connected (just using the headphones), or is that just a bad idea?

If the cab is the problem, I was thinking of a Blackstar HT110. I presume there are no problems with that choice?

Thanks!

PTF

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:57 am

With only one of each I suspect it's going to be tricky working out where the fault is.

The obvious option would be to try your head into another cab, or another head into your cab. Can you get in to a music store?

quarky

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I did do just that in the end, and it was the cab. I didn't realise they were so simply inside to be honest. When I opening it up, it was just a the wire that has disconnected.. :roll:

Back to my other question though, does anyone know whether it is OK to use the HT-1RH with just the headphones and no cab connected?

quarky

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:07 am

Just spoke to Blackstar on the phone, and they say that it will run just with headphones, without a cab attached. It would be nice to have something in writing somewhere, but verbal might have to do. :?:

• Information