Sizzling Reverb on Higher Gain Settings?

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
bharris22

Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:39 am

Hi,

I just got my second HT-1R (returned the first one for the loose power cable issue), and I love the sound of it. However, I am hearing some distinct sizzling on the overdrive channel when reverb and gain are set past noon. I know the higher gain settings on the overdrive channel can be noisy (and I can live with this), but the sizzling noise I hear when playing - especially higher notes on the G, B & E strings) is extremely noticeable and annoying. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this normal for this amp? If this is normal for higher gain settings, I may just exchange the amp for the HT-1 and save a few dollars.

Thanks!

RiF

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Is it a mechanical noise maybe? Mine had a vibrating backplate that is stimulated by some notes and it got even worse with the reverb on. Does the sizzling noise changes when you press your finger against the backplate?

bharris22

Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:31 am

Thanks for your thoughts. I think I have narrowed the issue down to when I play through the headphone jack. I don't believe the issue is there when playing through the speaker. When playing through the headphone jack, however, with high amounts of gain and high reverb (past noon) I definitely hear a harsh sizzle. I have learned to turn the reverb down below noon to avoid this, but it is annoying. My guess is that the cabinet emulation (however they do it) cannot handle the reverb caused by the additional gain.

• Information