HT1R Sounding and Looking Incredible!

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
mavrim

Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:25 am

posting.jpeg
posting.jpeg (121.88 KiB) Viewed 8631 times
I just bought a like new limited edition HT1R for $190. Sounded good, but I changed the tubes to a pair that I normally use in my low watt tube amp builds.

I installed a Tung-Sol 12AX7 pre-amp and a JJ ECC82 output tube. At the same time I replaced the stock Blackbird speaker with a NEW $30 Celestion Eight 15 speaker. The amp was louder and had more authority! I also swapped the chrome corners for black corners and will be changing the black welting to silver (bead that surrounds the grille border).

I am now loving this little amp!

I had a black version of this amp a few years ago and could never get the right tone, so I sold it. So glad I decided to buy it again. Hearing the head version through a cabinet at a local music store got me thinking about buying it again.

paulkitto

Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:20 am

The white looks stunning i must admit, if they had that option when I bought mine i would have got it, lookin that smart must would definitely make me sound better. ;)

Classicplayer

Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:05 pm

Very handsome amp work! I have the Eight Fifteen speaker also, but I found the increase in volume more than I need for my practice area. Does your speaker swap change the sound? Do you have the same range with the amp controls as with the stock speaker?

Classicplayer

• Information