Head with 10" cab or combo?

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
FjT

Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:23 pm

Would the ht-1rh with the 10" cab be enough of a difference in sound quality over the 8" combo to justify the extra cost?

Classicplayer

Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:01 pm

Not for me. My HT1R combo is from May of 2012. It' still going strong. I thought about and then bought an 8" Ccelestion "Eight Fifteen" and used it briefly before putting the stock Bkackbird back in. The Celestion makes the amp louder and it didn't fit proper sound levels for my practice area. I thought about other speaker cabs and the like but, honestly the stock speaker to me is just fine and not worth the money. I raise the amp on to a stand abound 18 inches from the floor and play seated next to the amp; about 5 or 6 feet with it at ear level. Makes all the difference in the world because at the "right" volume level, I'd swear the speaker seems much larger, probably due to closed back on the amp.

Playing in a different environment, might negate the above and a cab of some type might become but, for now, it's not a priority with me. YMMV.

Classicplayer

imalrightjack

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:13 pm

Late reply but the head with a 12" cabinet (Egnater Rebel 112 with Eminence Cannabis Rex) simply destroys the combo.

• Information