HT1 into larger amp

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
Peacemaker

Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:01 pm

Hello, New here. I did a search for what I needed help with, but got no results.

I ordered a HT1 from MF a few days ago only to find out that it was a "special edition" with no headphone feature or line out. Kinda disturbed that it was advertised incorrectly, but that's another story.

I would like to use the HT1 for the tone, but run it into a second larger amp that has a headphone jack. How would I do this with damaging either amp? Thank you. Sorry for the noob question.

thephantum

Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:31 am

It won't be possible with the HT-1. You need to have an effects loop on both amps so you can slave one to the other.

If you ordered an HT-1 and it was advertised as having an Emulated Out, but got an HT-1SE instead, then call MF and make them give you the amp you ordered. It's happened to a few other people. Apparently both Guitar Center and Musicians Friend were doing some "misleading advertising":
http://www.blackstaramps.com/forum/view ... 038#p23038

Keep in mind that even the full HT-1 does not have an effects loop.

Peacemaker

Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:39 am

thephantum wrote:It won't be possible with the HT-1. You need to have an effects loop on both amps so you can slave one to the other.

If you ordered an HT-1 and it was advertised as having an Emulated Out, but got an HT-1SE instead, then call MF and make them give you the amp you ordered. It's happened to a few other people. Apparently both Guitar Center and Musicians Friend were doing some "misleading advertising":
http://www.blackstaramps.com/forum/view ... 038#p23038

Keep in mind that even the full HT-1 does not have an effects loop.
Thank you for the reply. Yes, MF apparently did the ole "Bait and switch" on us. I called them, no dice. They basically said "Sorry, return it". I love the tone, but it was the tone AND the headphone feature that sold me, which the Special Edition doesn't have. No box the send it back.

As long as it had the HP jack, I could care less about the effects loop.

Thank you again, Sir.

• Information