12" speaker for HT1R

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
roxstar

Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:35 pm

After owning for a while the HT1R I started to look into a speaker upgrade and I wanted a Celestion Eight speaker. After that.. after reading and hearing a friend advice.. I thought maybe a 1x12" extension cabinet will be a much better improvement. Now my question is.. what speaker it will be better for the little HT1R from - Celestion Greenback 25w, Celestion G12H30 70anny 30w, Vintage 30 60w ?
Im thinking that Vintage 30 its way harder to "push" with 1w so it kind of falls.
Im looking for a more "open" sound, more mids and highs (on distorsion). Someone knows if the Greenback will be good for that? or a G12H30 70anny will be better?
I have a chance to get a brand new Greenback (seems like its made in england) for a nice price or a used g12h30 70 anny. I kind of like more the ideea of a brand new speaker.
Any ideeas?
Thank you in advance!

thephantum

Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:34 pm

You will not have any issues driving a Vintage 30 with 1w. There's a reason they don't list minimum power handling....only maximum. ;)

Speaker choice is very subjective, what sounds good to one player might not sound as good to another. A lot will depend on what you are playing as well.

If your playing metal, the V30 is a good choice, but it can be harsh sounding at certain EQ settings. You might also want to consider the G12T-75 as it is very aggressive in the mids.

If you are playing more blues/rock, then you'll want to opt for a Greenback (G12M) or Heritage (G12H) series.

• Information