HT1 how loud?

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
Sdblackouts

Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:44 am

Hey guys. Always played solid state , but Looking at getting a small tube head. It's down to the ht1 or ht1 metal.I play grunge , rock hard rock and metal. I was wondering how loud 1 watt would really be . I'm thinking of pushing 1 12 as I want some decent bass response, I don't want to wake the neighborhood and live in a track home. I want 5 watt but probably too loud? I want to push the amp to get the tubes to get best sound but I'm fearing 1 watt is even too loud. Can you recommend some cabs to go with the ht1 for the type of music I play , as well as just how lid it will be. I will be playing in garage .I have couple of various dirt pedals to get desired sound so does the ht1 have better clean channel than the metal? Thanks in advance

Gear: schecter omen6 extreme -stock coil tap
Epiphone sg- Duncan blackouts , Grover tuners
Seagull s6
Ibanez via jem

Blackstar core Id 10
Line6 spider 3 75

thephantum

Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:42 pm

For use in a garage, the HT-1 or HT-5 are ideal. However, you will not be able to play at night as they will still be loud. What's more important than wattage is the speaker....specifically that speakers sensitivity. The higher the sensitivity rating of the speaker, the louder the amplifier system will be.

An average 12" guitar speaker is going to put out between 95 and 100dB of volume at 1 watt of power. That's roughly the level of a person yelling. So a 1 watt amp is going to be pretty loud when you crank it.

Thing is though, a 5 watt amp is only going to put out around 105db. This is because for every 10dB increase you need a 10x increase in power. So a 10 watt amp will be 10dB louder than a 1 watt amp while a 100 watt amp is only going to be 20dB louder than a 1 watt amp. Keep in mind that 130dB is the threshold of pain.

For what you are playing, I would recommend something from either the Eminence Patriot line of speakers or even a Weber Signature or Vintage series...basically an American voiced speaker that has it's emphasis on the lower midrange.

dantrag28

Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:47 am

Sdblackouts wrote:Hey guys. Always played solid state , but Looking at getting a small tube head. It's down to the ht1 or ht1 metal.I play grunge , rock hard rock and metal. I was wondering how loud 1 watt would really be . I'm thinking of pushing 1 12 as I want some decent bass response, I don't want to wake the neighborhood and live in a track home. I want 5 watt but probably too loud? I want to push the amp to get the tubes to get best sound but I'm fearing 1 watt is even too loud. Can you recommend some cabs to go with the ht1 for the type of music I play , as well as just how lid it will be. I will be playing in garage .I have couple of various dirt pedals to get desired sound so does the ht1 have better clean channel than the metal? Thanks in advance

Gear: schecter omen6 extreme -stock coil tap
Epiphone sg- Duncan blackouts , Grover tuners
Seagull s6
Ibanez via jem

Blackstar core Id 10
Line6 spider 3 75
Go straight for the ht-5, you'll want the equalizer.

Metal Riffer

Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:05 am

Sdblackouts wrote:Hey guys. Always played solid state , but Looking at getting a small tube head. It's down to the ht1 or ht1 metal.I play grunge , rock hard rock and metal. I was wondering how loud 1 watt would really be . I'm thinking of pushing 1 12 as I want some decent bass response, I don't want to wake the neighborhood and live in a track home. I want 5 watt but probably too loud? I want to push the amp to get the tubes to get best sound but I'm fearing 1 watt is even too loud. Can you recommend some cabs to go with the ht1 for the type of music I play , as well as just how lid it will be. I will be playing in garage .I have couple of various dirt pedals to get desired sound so does the ht1 have better clean channel than the metal? Thanks in advance
Hi SDB-
I recently bought the HT1 Metal head and matching 1x12 cab for quiet practice at home. This amp sounds incredibly awesome at low volume. I looked at the 5 because an FX loop would have been nice but I'm really loving the "1" that I got.

• Information