How to add a standby switch to my HT-1R?

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
Eagleton

Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:40 pm

I would like to have the option on my HT-1R to run both the emulated output and the power section simultaneously. This will give me some stage volume but also allow me to send a good signal to my church's PA system. I really liked how this worked with a standby switch on the HT-5, and I had one for a little while, I realized that I liked the tone of the HT-1R better. There were a few other differences that made me realize that the HT-5R wasn't just a larger HT-1. As I understand it, when you plug in a line to the emulated output, it bypasses the power section. I would like the option of re-engaging the power section. I'm fairly handy with a soldering iron, but I'm not an electrical engineer either. Any ideas?

thephantum

Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:57 pm

Blackstar does not release schematics, so there is no way to know without tracing it out. It all depends on what is happening when you jack into the EO. A true standby switch cuts plate voltage to the power tubes and only leaves the heaters on. My guess is that jacking into the EO does not do that. More than likely, it's just cutting off the preamp signal from the power amp.

Again, you would need to trace out the PCB connections, figure out exactly what is going on and determine where to introduce a bypass switch.

• Information