HT-1R no sound from speaker but headphone output works

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
VeryAngry

Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:11 am

Hi - I bought a HT-1R a few weeks ago. I've played it about 10 times, just guitar plugged into input.

Tonight I plugged in some headphones to "emulated output and headphones" jack, and played with headphones on for a while. As expected, the external speaker was switched off.

Then I unplugged the headphones, and the external speaker DID NOT come back on. Now, no matter what I do, the external speaker doesn't work. If I plug headphones back in, they work fine, but the external speaker does not.

I read the manual, looked on forums, and I can't see anything I'm doing wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

nick_s

Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:22 pm

Have you tried cleaning the headphone jack with contact cleaner? Squirt some in, and insert/remove the jack plug several times. It could be fooled into thinking there is something plugged in.

That's where I'd start given it's the cheapest option.

thephantum

Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:12 pm

If the amp is only a few weeks old, it's most likely still under store warranty. Take it back and get another.

VeryAngry

Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:27 pm

Thanks. Backstair warrantee claims process in the US is Byzantine. It's not even Blackstar. It's some other company. Fill out a form. Wait. Get directed to another email address. Send more info. Get sent some other form. Honestly, it's like it's 1950. Very poor customer experience.

Fortunately Sweetwater will just take the item back.

Thanks for the help.

thephantum

Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Last I checked, USA warranties were serviced by Korg. So going directly to them will always be quicker.

Sweetwater rocks though. They're my goto when I need something because their customer service is awesome.

VeryAngry

Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:38 pm

Yeah, it was Korg that had me talking to a third email before I gave up. In the day of great customer service, they ain't it.

Sweetwater is outstanding. Truly. I try and buy everything that I can there because they are so great.

• Information