HT-5 settings

Discussion - HT-5 amplifiers.
Shredz

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:02 am

Howdy all, I'm new here, gotta tell ya I'm over the moon with my HT5 mini stack i just bought yesterday, I play metal and this things really blown me away! Especially since i put my MXR 10 band eq in the loop, it's absolutly nuts! Killer tone,

so far my settings are:

ISF fully counter clockwise

treble 3 oclock

mids 9 oclock

bass 11 oclock

gain fully cranked!

I have an "angry eyebrow" curved shape on the 10 band eq with slightly scooped mids,
my guitars are ESP Eclipse with emg 81/60, and a jackson soloist with a single emg81
in the bridge, if you havn't got a nice eq in the loop do yourself a favour, you will be
highly impressed guaranteed!

next on the list is a bad monkey for leads and an MXR super comp, i reckon a bit of
compression on there will go down a treat

Rock on :twisted:

6StringBender

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:29 am

I play "Nasty Blues" and my absolutely favorite tone comes from combining My HT-5H with a 1x12" Jensen "Vintage Ceramic" spkr.(C12Q) and shoving it all through an Epiphone Sheraton II.
I use no pedals/gadgets/gizmos, just an Ernie Ball "Ultraflex" cable with the killswitch built into the guitar input jack, to avoid "pops, squeals,etc." when plugging in/out.

These are my settings........
Guitar: both tone pots/wide open
Neck volume/8
Bridge volume/6
I use both p'ups for playing rythym and neck only for intros,leads,and solos (makes it literally SING)

Amp: (depending on song) clean channel/wide open
OD channel: ISF/10 o'clock
Treble/5 o'clock
Mids/3 o'clock
Bass/12 o'clock
Volume/as needed
Gain/9 o'clock for humbuckers.....10 o'clock for single coils and P-90s

I'm waiting for the stock tubes to start degrading and have nice NOS replacements for both, but even the stock tubes sound fantastic!!
If the NOS tubes make it sound any better I'll just be "beside myself" with joy.

I LOVE my Blackstar, and plan on being a lifetime customer !!!!

TEMPA

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:18 am

Anyone got settings for a nice bluesy crunch tone for the HT-5 at bedroom levels? Volumes on the clean or OD channels cannot be cranked or I will surely go deaf in the small room it is set up in so I am looking for a nice tone but with the volumes kept lowish.

Looking for a Joe Bonnamassa type bluesy crunch.

Ta!

6StringBender

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:27 am

TEMPA wrote: Anyone got settings for a nice bluesy crunch tone for the HT-5 at bedroom levels? Volumes on the clean or OD channels cannot be cranked or I will surely go deaf in the small room it is set up in so I am looking for a nice tone but with the volumes kept lowish.

Ta!
Try the settings I listed above........even at low volumes it's a pretty raunchy tone

TEMPA

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:40 am

6StringBender wrote:
TEMPA wrote: Anyone got settings for a nice bluesy crunch tone for the HT-5 at bedroom levels? Volumes on the clean or OD channels cannot be cranked or I will surely go deaf in the small room it is set up in so I am looking for a nice tone but with the volumes kept lowish.

Ta!
Try the settings I listed above........even at low volumes it's a pretty raunchy tone
Thanks I'll give it a go tonight when I get home from work.

black_on_black

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:56 am

Fenderish Clean
ISF: 3 (Flip to 7ish for Voxy chime, 8+ for Robert Smithy Marshall tones)
Treble: 8
Mid: 5
Bass: 5

Black Sabbath 1974
ISF: 8
Treble: 8
Mid: 2

Tone For Type O Songs That Doesn’t Sound Anything Like The Albums
ISF: 3–4
Treble: 6
Mid: 4

I’m still trying to get it to give me a high-gain fuzzy sound like a rectifier produces. I can get it out of the British side but with loads of bass; might need to drop an EQ in the loop to fix that.

• Information