Is the HT-5 Head's speaker muted when using the line-out?

Discussion - HT-5 amplifiers.
perkovic

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:13 pm

Hello!
A simple question which I haven't found the answer to in the user manual or in reviews:
I'm thinking about buying a HT5 head, but I need to know:
Does the connected speaker go silent when I use the combined line out/headphone out?

I haven't found the HT5 in any store here in Sweden yet, and I would like this answered before I look further.

Thanks!

toneseeker

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:39 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

black_on_black

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:34 am

Using the headphone jack kills the speaker.

perkovic

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:40 am

Thanks for your replies!
So that pretty much makes it useless in live situations.
If the speaker simulation worked well I thought of plugging it into the PA.
Yes i know it's considered better to mic the amp but it seemed like an interesting option to me.
/P

toneseeker

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:56 am

Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perkovic

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:25 am

Hello, thanks but there's no speakersimulation there, don't know how much that matters?

The HT5 seemed like such a perfect solution for my needs, if only there was a separate headphone out instead so that the "speaker sim out" wouldn't mute the speaker.
I mean, I could bring that compact little head from recording to rehearsals to gigs with no problem... And leave the cabinet where we rehearse...
Hoping for a "Mark II" that solves these issues!

MusashiChan

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:49 am

perkovic wrote:Hello, thanks but there's no speakersimulation there, don't know how much that matters?

The HT5 seemed like such a perfect solution for my needs, if only there was a separate headphone out instead so that the "speaker sim out" wouldn't mute the speaker.
I mean, I could bring that compact little head from recording to rehearsals to gigs with no problem... And leave the cabinet where we rehearse...
Wait for someone who have tried, i'm curious too to know if the preamp output is usefull in a console without a speaker sim.

gt_jumper

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:44 pm

MusashiChan wrote:
perkovic wrote:Hello, thanks but there's no speakersimulation there, don't know how much that matters?

Wait for someone who have tried, i'm curious too to know if the preamp output is usefull in a console without a speaker sim.
I think it sounds like poop and that was at least 10 years ago though, but then again my standards where way lower back then too....

Whats wrong with going through the desk with the HT-5's emulated out and having your normal foldback?? the speaker sim on the HT-5 is definitely not lacking!

• Information