Replacing the Footswitch

Discussion - HT-5 amplifiers.
ScoobySteve

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:23 pm

Hey guys, had a bit of a clean up disaster after a gig and I lost my footswitch in the chaos of it.

But granted that the stock switch/cord was way too short anyways I was wondering if anyone has done anything about aftermarket footswitches to replace their stock one.

I would like to run a footswitch with my Pedal Snake and get one that has a 1/4inch jack, but I'm not sure where to begin.

Anyone with experience on this? Anytype of universal footswitches I could look into, and what I should look into?

Thanks a lot guys!

-Steve

VENTGtr

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:25 pm

Not sure about the Blackstar, but generally, any channel switch should work.

LonePhantom

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:05 am

VENTGtr wrote:Not sure about the Blackstar, but generally, any channel switch should work.
That's not always the case. Different manufacturers use different types of switching for their amps and footswitches. There are a couple of different ways of doing it.

I'm sure you could probably order a new one from your newest Blackstar dealer. Apparently Blackstar have listened to customers, and the footswitch comes with a longer cable now. From what I've read anyway. I'd talk to your nearest Blackstar dealer anyway.

VENTGtr

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:59 am

LonePhantom wrote: That's not always the case. Different manufacturers use different types of switching for their amps and footswitches.
True. Hence the "generally". If there's a 1/4" end though, decent chance it'll work. I probably have a dozen footswitches sitting around...somewhere. If have time in the next day or so will try out a couple on one of the Blackstars.
Only ones handy are a few Carvins...though my "main" switch uses and XLR end...Guess the others are 1/4", though....and I think a Peavey that I got from somewhere.

sir riff a lot

Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:18 am

with the original lead for the footswitch being painfully short.
I immeditley installed a 1/4" socket into the footswitch, so then I could use any length guitar lead to plug in.

VENTGtr

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:24 pm

sir riff a lot wrote:with the original lead for the footswitch being painfully short.
I immeditley installed a 1/4" socket into the footswitch, so then I could use any length guitar lead to plug in.
Good idea.

• Information