Replacement Knobs For the HT5R (black w/ a white line)

Discussion - HT-5 amplifiers.
RCB-CA-USA

Fri May 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Hello!

What brand and size black knob with a white line will fit on the HT5 R for better visibility?

Thank you!

IM4Tone

Fri May 04, 2012 10:38 pm

RCB-CA-USA wrote:Hello!

What brand and size black knob with a white line will fit on the HT5 R for better visibility?

Thank you!
I don't know, but pull one and measure the hole dia and depth. I've seen a variety of knobs on ebay...one may be to your liking.

RCB-CA-USA

Fri May 04, 2012 11:42 pm

I went to Guitar Center, they had nothing and stated they would need to order them from Blackstar!

The knobs should be a generic size. With the correct dimensions, I can quickly order the knobs from Stew Mac or All Parts! I don't want to fuss over this, I'm too busy exploring the sound in my head!

There's been too many times in my experience when measurements of the knob don't exactly match the knob sent.

Markystang

Sat May 05, 2012 3:07 am

I read somewhere once about someone putting a small dab of nail polish on the chrome knob to make it more visible. I haven't tried it myself, but it sounds like a good idea to me.

RCB-CA-USA

Mon May 28, 2012 6:58 am

Markystang wrote:I read somewhere once about someone putting a small dab of nail polish on the chrome knob to make it more visible. I haven't tried it myself, but it sounds like a good idea to me.
Thank you!

I want to leave those knobs stock in the event I decide to or need to not keep it!

There's an amp shop a bit from here, I'll contact them to find out if they have something in stock.

majikmojo

Mon May 28, 2012 5:39 pm

i used to use 3m fine line tape 1/8" to mark chrome knobbed amps - works perfect and comes right off...

RCB-CA-USA

Mon May 28, 2012 5:55 pm

majikmojo wrote:i used to use 3m fine line tape 1/8" to mark chrome knobbed amps - works perfect and comes right off...
It's the chrome that's the issue, old eyes I guess. A black knob with a distinct white line will fix the issue for me. I just need the dimensions.

If nobody knows what the dimensions are, I'll contact Blackstar. I didn't want to bother them and was hoping for a quick reply from a forum member instead!

Thanks for the advice everybody!

Timbo

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:35 am

Ok, a bit late on this thread, but this place has the knobs I think might be useful:

http://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/knobs?page=0%2C1

RCB-CA-USA

Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:19 am

Timbo wrote:Ok, a bit late on this thread, but this place has the knobs I think might be useful:

http://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/knobs?page=0%2C1
A bit late checking the thread. Sorry! Been busy practicing, keeping two pit bulls and crazy dog happy, plus researching world events, some freaky $hit goin' on.

Thank you for your reply and the link. What size knob fits exactly like or close to the stock knobs?

Timbo

Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:26 am

Oh I don't know offhand .... I'll have to check when I'm home and get a chance.
It's the diameter of the spindle that's important.

• Information