HT-5 and emulated output recording question

Discussion - HT-5 amplifiers.
TEMPA

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:55 am

Hey fellow Blackstar fans,

Just bought a HT-5S that I am picking up later today and have a question about using the emulated output for recording.

I have a Line6 UX2 that has line ins on the back that can be used for inputting a line level signal to the unit so that it will then feed that through to my recording software.

My question - can I run a lead direct from the emulated output on the HT-5 into the line in on the UX2 to allow me to record the signal via audacity?

I do not want to alter the signal in anyway, basically I only want to use the UX2 line in as a way to get my amp signal into my PC so I can record it.

Does that sound feasible? The handbook for the UX2 mentions that a "line level" signal can be fed to the line ins but I am unsure what signal comes out of the emulated output on the amp. Is it "line level"?

Thanks heaps from Down Under in Australia!

gt_jumper

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:10 am

well i havent used a ux2 but i have used the zoomH4's input (its the one with the lead input aswell as xlr) it recorded fine, im very positive it will work!

here is the clip all done with the HT-5's "emulated output".

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7580872

ezietsman

Sun May 09, 2010 12:13 am

gt_jumper wrote:well i havent used a ux2 but i have used the zoomH4's input (its the one with the lead input aswell as xlr) it recorded fine, im very positive it will work!

That clip is awesome! Did you play all that? How much post-processing did you do and what?

I have tried to record my HT-5 via the line out into my laptop's mic jack and it sounds like poop. Suppose the mic input on a laptop is just THAT bad.

Reahel

Sun May 09, 2010 1:02 am

You can't enter in you laptop with your head directly, you need a good sound card for recording use....
I have a Digidesign Mbox 2 and I found My HT-20H better than any other recording way I tried IHMO.

gt_jumper

Sun May 09, 2010 6:32 am

ezietsman wrote:
gt_jumper wrote:well i havent used a ux2 but i have used the zoomH4's input (its the one with the lead input aswell as xlr) it recorded fine, im very positive it will work!

That clip is awesome! Did you play all that? How much post-processing did you do and what?

I have tried to record my HT-5 via the line out into my laptop's mic jack and it sounds like poop. Suppose the mic input on a laptop is just THAT bad.
The clip was done into the line in of a zoom H4. You need an interface.

I did absolutely no post production tweeking as it was one of my first attempts at recording, had no idea what i was doing, But i think the HT-5s Emulated output makes the sounds more recording friendly.

Thanks for the compliments mate!

• Information