Newbie Effects Loop Query

Discussion - HT-5 amplifiers.
VonBlade

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:24 pm

I'm so used to using my GT8 and headphones that the concept of effects loops and chains rather baffle me. The manual isn't particularly clear, and the internet is awash with 4CM connections, which isn't what I want.

So. As I mainly want time based effects (delay) then I understand I need to put my GT8 in the loop (yes I could just buy a delay pedal, but I have the GT8 already and am poor)

Does the GT8/HT5 connections go send to send, return to return, or send to return in both cases?

On that note, let's say that I really do only ever use the delay so fancy selling my GT8 to fund a second hand HT-Delay pedal and have a bit of cash left over. I'm right that you'd plug your guitar into Wah's and Overdrives (TS), then those into the amp, and delay/chorus effects go in the loop after the preamp?

Sorry that these are rather noobish, but we've all got to learn somewhere and this isn't my area of expertise. Sadly there is a serious amount of posturing in the online guitar world so finding answers isn't the simplest thing (unless you want to know how to put your '59 Les Paul through a Rangemaster and UniVibe into your Marshall Plexi... there seems to be hundreds of those).

Thanks in advance guys and gals.
VB

PTF

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:09 am

We were all noobs once!

With your GT8, you'll be best running a cable from the HT-5 'send' to the input of the GT8, then the GT8 'left/mono' output to the 'return' on the amp. The send and return on the GT8 are its own effects loop, which you won't need in this set up.

And yes, you're right... although it's possible to order your effects any way you like, the 'standard' way is to run from your guitar to any drive, compression and wah pedals, then place modulations and delays in the effects loop.

VonBlade

Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:00 pm

Thank you very much.

• Information