HT-5 head questions

Discussion - HT-5 amplifiers.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:09 am

I just got me an HT-5 head and matching cab a week ago.

I also have the Line 6 toneport gx, the simple basic one 1/4 input one.
I want to run my HT-5 into the toneport, through the line 6 software and record with Audacity.

My question is how do I connect the amp to the toneport?
1. use the emulated output/ headphones ( will this defeat the connected cab?)
2. one of the speaker outputs ( ohmage issues?)
3. the effects loop send ( this may be a problem when I get pedals to go in the loop though)

Also
I have read some threads about the headphone out
I have not come to any clear conclusion of
does this defeat the connected speakers ? if so can i not connect the speaker cab
and just use the head and headphone output without damage?

thanks for info
Travis

XloydtilldeathX666

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:06 pm

i have not used my headphone jack yet.. but if you want to know if it defeats the speaker, just try it. id imagine it does. if not it should never be called a heasdphone jack.

as for how to hook your stuff up, are you using any speaker emulation after the amp? does the toneport have its own speaker emulation? if so you dont want to use the headphone jack because it is immulated. DO NOT use the speaker output. if you want to use the amp's speaker emulation the hook in your effects like normal and use the headphone jack tot he toneport. if not, then set the amp up like normal with a speaker connected, run the effects send into your effects, then into the toneport.since nothing is going back to the power section, no sound will come out of the speaker, but having it connected is crucial for the safety of the power section of the amp.

• Information